3,276 results
All reviews new street station lovely hotel train station city centre black pudding excellent location cooked breakfast german market street noise shopping trip executive room reception staff christmas market central birmingham lovely room enjoyable stay a lovely stay
Reviewed 25 September 2016

For a one night stopover this place is great, oozing old fashioned charm and glamour with great service to boot. For a city centre hotel really impressed with this place and how you are taken away from the hustle and bustle going on just a few steps away. Will be back again...

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
James B, General Manager at Macdonald Burlington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2016

Dear Julian F

Thank you for your review following your stay. Your feedback is appreciated and I will be sure to share it with the team as I know they will be encouraged by it!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 25 September 2016

Great hotel, nearest car park too far if you are carrying more than an overnight bag and a laptop. Great if you are travelling bus train though. Food good, my room was perfect. Noisy outside at night though.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear PeteandCarole

Thanks for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay overall and appreciate your constructive feedback. I will share your comments with the team as I know they will be motivated by it.

I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel.

Kind regards

Reviewed 25 September 2016

Very impressive hotel. Brilliant service. Great food. Amazing black pudding worth going for that alone.

Room was a good size with good facilities. Looking a little tired though. Beds were comfortable and slept like a log.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear robpG5343VH

I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel.

Kind regards

Reviewed 25 September 2016

This hotel is a very good conference venue and my room was very comfortable. However it overlooked the tramline and despite double glazing I did not get much sleep due to regular very loud metallic screechings of tram on track which continued to very late at night. The evening meal was poor quality (soggy salad, prawn cocktail scoop dumped on a bit of lettuce). I also found out at check out that there is a 3% credit card surcharge which I had not been told about either when booking or at check-in. I refused to pay it and it was taken off the bill.

However the staff are all very friendly and extremely helpful. I was particularly grateful when the laptop charger I left behind was posted back to me. Thank you!

Room tip: Dont stay in room overlooking tramlines
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
James B, Manager at Macdonald Burlington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2016

Dear Jane-Elms I

Thanks for your review.

I am pleased you enjoyed most aspects of your stay; however, I would like to apologise for the shortfalls you experienced.

Your comments will be the subject of a remedial training review with the team so that your disappointment could not be repeated.

I sincerely hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 23 September 2016

Me and My partner stayed here in the late end of August for a quick city break as were both familiar with Birmingham itself, however we were both disappointed with this hotel. Although the hotel was in a great location, the rooms were tired and worn down. The rooms were very basic and small. We felt the bed was a small double bed, and the room was poorly designed. The customer service however was spot on! I don't feel that the room was the same as how it looked online when we booked it. The breakfast price was extortionate, and my and my partner didn't bother... as of course we were in the city centre with other very competitive places. We probably wouldn't stay here again. Very friendly staff at reception.

Room tip: I would suggest asking for a room that doesn't face the high street... it's very noisy
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Bluey_a

Thanks for your review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us overall, particularly the service from the team; however, I was sorry to learn of your disappointment with your room.

The Burlington was originally the Midland Hotel which serviced New Street Station dating back to circa 1870. Our rooms vary in size and decor which we believe adds character to our traditional hotel.

I would be pleased to arrange a room more to your liking on a future stay - do contact me directly so that I may take care of the arrangements for you personally.

I sincerely hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon!