“A very delightful 21st birthday”

Marco Pierre White Steakhouse, Bar & Grill Birmingham
Ranked #1,854 of 2,583 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$20 - US$84
Cuisines: Diner, Steakhouse
Good for: View details
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Ladywood
Description: This skyline Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill in Birmingham is located at the top of The Cube building in the Mailbox district. First impressions are spectacular as you enter the restaurant and experience 360 degree panoramic views overlooking the city
Reviewed 18 May 2022

I had booked a meal with my family to celebrate my 21st birthday and it was 100% worthwhile. The food was excellent and perfectly cooked to everyone’s request. The drinks service was speedy and very nice. We had the 2 for 14 cocktails and were incredibly pleased.
Me and my family were served by Leo. He was very calm mannered and attentive. Leo made my family feel very comfortable and provided incredible service. He gave us the perfect level of privacy while maintaining great service standards and attending to our every need.

Date of visit: May 2022
Caitlin Wesson, Customer Liaison Executive at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse, Bar & Grill Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2022

Thank you for taking the time out to share your experience with us!

We are delighted you had an enjoyable time and I will of course ensure that your kind words will get passed on to Leo.

We very much look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Write a reviewReviews (7,438)

Reviewed 17 May 2022

I booked this restaurant about 6 weeks ago however I was told today there was no window seats left even though it was half empty a they were free, unless I paid £5 pound per person for this. Considering it boasts views of the city and it was half empty it seems really mean putting a premium on this
Also as a well brought up polite person I am more than happy to give a tip to good service, however this was imposed on the bill for serving two people for £7 - this also seamed money grabbing to get the extra funds (which we would of volunteered anyway)

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and bring to our attention the issues you encountered.

We pride ourselves on our high standard and excellent service, therefore please accept my apologies that we did not entirely meet your expectations on your visit.

I do hope that this does not deter you from visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed 16 May 2022

We came for my girlfriends birthday and we weren't disappointed.
Our waitress Erin, made us feel relaxed and welcome from being sat all the way through to our exit. She made us feel at home and relaxed throughout the entire dinner. My girlfriend felt very spoilt with such great service!
Would definitely recommend dining here and asking for Erin to be your waitress

Thank you for taking the time out to share your experience with us!

We are delighted you had an enjoyable time and I will of course ensure that your kind words will get passed on to Erin.

Reviewed 16 May 2022

Enjoyed a lovely afternoon tea with my friend, in a very nice setting. Our waiter James H was most attentive, nothing was too much trouble for him and made the whole afternoon tea experience most enjoyable. I will definitely be returning.

Date of visit: May 2022
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Thank you for taking the time out to share your experience with us!

We are delighted you had an enjoyable time and I will of course ensure that your kind words will get passed on to James.

Reviewed 13 May 2022

I have no complaints about the food, the starters and dessert were especially lovely. However, the service was the worst I have received at any restaurant let alone a fine dining. It was a Monday night and we had to beg to be served, waited 20 mins to be seated (despite booking) and a further 30 mins before someone even came to the table.
To be fair I don’t believe it was the staff’s fault as they were clearly understaffed/ under trained. The waiter explained that he was new so we cannot really complain.
However the hostess was very rude at every encounter from the time we arrived to the time we left. She told us we had 2 hours to eat (after taking 20 mins to seat us and we arrived 10 mins early to a person in the queue in front of us who was also getting frustrated with them) and then came to try to kick us off our table while we still had mains on the table. We were not to blame for the slow service and were also charged extra for that table near a window, the way she spoke to us was blunt and dismissive. Her attitude was just very poor and she definitely was not suited to a customer service role.
The meal was ruined by another hostess shouting “SERVICE” into the restaurant every 2 minutes. It was shocking, I could not enjoy my meal. The waiters have eyes and it is a full restaurant so surely they know/ can see the food is there. Surely it would be better to just have someone on pass, bringing food out, rather than employ someone just to shout service repeatedly into a room of people trying to enjoy their meal. It was like I was in McDonalds, except slower and harder to speak to a member of staff.
The decor and views are lovely though so if you have a lot of money to spare then I guess it’s worth it for that. But if you’re looking for a special evening with a nice ambience this is not it.

Date of visit: March 2022

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and bring to our attention the issues you encountered regarding service.

I would greatly appreciate if you could email me on caitlin.wesson@mpwsteakhousebirmingham.com with details of your reservation so I am able to further investigate this for you.

However, I will ensure to pass your kind words over to our head chef.

I do hope that this does not deter you from visiting us again in the future.