Marco Pierre White Steakhouse, Bar & Grill Birmingham
Cuisines: Diner, Steakhouse
Good for: View details
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Ladywood
Description: This skyline Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill in Birmingham is located at the top of The Cube building in the Mailbox district. First impressions are spectacular as you enter the restaurant and experience 360 degree panoramic views overlooking the city
Reviewed 5 July 2022 via mobile

Hugely disappointing
A party of 9 on a fairly quiet Monday evening
Took ages to get a drink and another age for the food. Worse thing was the complete lack of interest by anyone, waiters wandering back and forth with plates is not service.
No one seemed remotely interested in the customers, never even noticed we were one meal short
When I asked for the service charge to be removed the manager didn’t even bother to see me or ask why
Food was average or below.
Great building and views though - easily the best part of the experience.

2  Thank Tracy N
Caitlin Wesson, Customer Liaison Executive at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse, Bar & Grill Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and bring to our attention the issues you encountered during your visit.

We pride ourselves on our high standard and excellent service, therefore please accept my apologies that we did not entirely meet your expectations on your visit.

I have communicated these issues with our front of house team and management department to ensure that this does not happen again and that the necessary positive changes can be fulfilled.

I do hope that this does not deter you from visiting us again in the future.

Write a reviewReviews (7,454)

Reviewed 5 July 2022 via mobile

Terrible experience had to leave early
Booked champagne afternoon tea fir my husbanbds 60th birthday
Three separate girls came over saying voucher code didn't work while we were eating out tea
Asked for de caf coffee said I would have to pay extra
Eventually the manager came said it was all OK in the end, we left very disappointing never again
Very poor

1  Thank sandraclarke196902

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and bring to our attention the issues you encountered upon your visit with us for this special occasion.

I have communicated these issues with our front of house team to ensure that this does not happen again and that the necessary changes can be made upon further investigation.

Reviewed 4 July 2022

So I was brought a virgin experience voucher for my birthday last year and I finally got around to using it. However I had to call the restaurant to be able to make the booking.

I called so many times and noone answered! so I resorted to contacting them via Facebook messenger and asked them to call me back. They kindly did within 5 mins and I made the booking and the selected menu was sent to me. I was told of the dress code that was smart casual, no ripped Jean, no trainers and no caps.

Now fast forward to the day of the booking......
we arrived a few minutes early for our booking, as we looked around there was several people in TRACKSUIT BOTTOMS & TRAINERS where as I was told on the phone that this was not allowed.

We were then seated and a few minutes later a girl came over to take our food and drink order (no correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure resturants have a policy where no extra long false nails and jewellery can be worn)

We placed our order and waited no long for the starters to come out. I had meatballs on sourdough bread, the meatballs looked and tasted as thou they came out of a TIN and the hubby had Devilled white bait that smelt awfully fishy! we Had to ask for the drinks that we ordered as they hadn't been brought to us.

For main I ordered a medium cooked steak, when it came out it was cooked well done! hubby ordered Chicken milanese with a side of Spinach. The chicken was very overcooked and was dry. He didn't even eat it. The more worrying thing is the waitress didn't even ask him why he hadn't touched his food!

for desert we ordered chocolate brownie & hubby had ice-cream and sorbet, the brownie was good, but the hubby had no sorbet with his.

Overall, this was not a good experience the food is not of the expect quality that I expected from this resturant. The very young staff appeared to be unexperienced and uninterested in the job at hand.

it's safe to say that we will not be visiting this resturant again! We have certain eaten better food elsewhere and even at home!

1  Thank chantelleMG

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and bring to our attention the issues you encountered.

I have communicated these issues with our head chef, our front of house team and management department to ensure that this does not happen again and the necessary changes can be made upon further investigation.

Reviewed 4 July 2022

We visited last month for birthday celebration. The level of service we experienced was unacceptable. For a high end restaurant, the service was absolutely awful.

When we arrived, we were greeted by a server who was more interested in WhatsApp on her phone instead of taking me to the table.

It took 20 minutes for our drinks to arrive at the table.

When we received the bill the server did not come back for payment, we had to walk up to the bar and ask to pay.(after waiting another 20minutes)

From this experience I would not recommend any of my friends or family to come and visit. I will not be coming back.

Date of visit: June 2022
1  Thank yasminmT8726MI

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and bring to our attention the issues you encountered upon celebrating this special occasion.

I have communicated these issues with our front of house team and management department to ensure that this does not happen again.

Reviewed 4 July 2022

To celebrate being together for 2 years, my girlfriend and I came up for a few drinks on wednesday evening. As expected it was quite extortionate however well worth the price. The view you get from the 25th floor of the cube is just amazing! I was particularly impressed with the bartender Joey who was fantastic and partially the reason I’m writing this review. He was very welcoming and made us laugh and have a great evening. Furthermore the drinks he served us were all lovely. Would absolutely recommend going for drinks if you’re feeling fancy or want to impress your girlfriend and will have to try the restaurant on our next visit!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us!

We are delighted you had an enjoyable time celebrating your anniversary and I will of course ensure that your kind words will get passed over to Joey.

We very much look forward to welcoming you again in the future.