2,747 results
All reviews harvey nichols mailbox car park mini bar mail box hotel bar afternoon tea hot breakfast club room standard room saturday night city centre bars and restaurants new street station full english lovely room stayed for one night comfy bed
Reviewed 19 May 2018

We stayed here for two nights.

plus points:-

Location is very central.
Near to the Birmingham arena
Parking underneath the hotel

Negative points
We ordered food and the wrong food was brought out so having waited ages, we then had to wait even longer
Having asked for a quiet room - we were put in a room right next door to the staff lift - so all night we heard the door opening and closing, trolleys being pushed and along and people talking lots which resulted in no sleep at all, all night. Also the room was very hot and the air con was very noisy.

We would think twice before staying here again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Damian G, Manager at Malmaison Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Dear Zoom5,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am happy to hear that you found the location to be great for you but disappointed that there were a few niggles which negatively impacted your stay.

We do like to try and rectify any issues with our guests in person to ensure they leave feeling happy and relaxed and I apologise if we did not manage to do this for you.

I hope that we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back and prove that we are better than your previous experience with us.

Best regards,

Reviewed 14 May 2018

Booked as a special treat as we don't get away from family life much. Can't fault the room at all apart from we both wished the windows would have opened to allow air in .. if only a crack!
Shower was lovely but a bit on the small side.

Free cocktails were great no problem there and we enjoyed these in the bar.

Unfortunately the 'Mal Muchies included in the package & and served in your room cause a few small problems.

1st the receptionist did not make any mention of them when we checked in, we asked when we could have them and booked for 7.30pm . We did actually loose track of time shopping that afternoon and called in to delay them until 8pm but that was swiftly dealt with by the hotel and was fine.

2nd The munchies arrived and was delicious .. no shortage of food and we really enjoyed them but we were asked to sign a £45 bill for the food on delivery, we questioned this and the manager called us to confirm this was a formality and would be taken off the bill .. it was a little confusing tho, and briefly a bit of a worry.

3rd at check out the hotel tried to hit us with a 'TRY CHARGE' for having the Mal Munchies in the room .. they did after some convincing clear this off when we pointed out the detail on our booking confirmation & the website detail regarding the package.

WORDS OF THE WEBSITE 'Start your relaxing girls night in with an intoxicating Mal cocktail and an indulgent selection of Mal Munchies in the comfort of your own luxurious room. '

All in all a lovely stay but things could have been clearer it felt a little like they were trying to slide things past us .. would we have got the munchies if we had not asked? , would we have been hit with the try charge if we had not been able to prove it was not due ?

It would just make a good stay great if you didn't feel you had to be on your guard with the inclusive items & billing.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Damian G, Manager at Malmaison Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Dear tamzin_richardson2,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your special treat and all your points have been shared with the team so we can improve for future !

We hope that we will see you back again next time you travel to Birmingham.

Best regards,

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

As always I have a great weekend at malmaison from the moment I walk through the door and see chloe and vanita on reception and hit the chaz mal bar and have a laugh with all the bar staff Tyler and louie are great lads, it's now the only hotel I stay in around Birmingham not only due to price but to the customer service is always good and that for me is key thanks malmaison you have a great team and the names iv mentioned really do deserve to be praised as if it wasn't for these guys I wouldn't be here week in and week out...

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Damian G, General Manager at Malmaison Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear Shaun G,
Thank you for the kind words following your stay with us here in Birmingham they are lovely to read and I will ensure they are passed onto the staff. I hope that we will see you back with us very soon.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Great welcome from the reception staff and special mention to Louie the barman in Chez Mal, what a gent and excellent representative of your hotel...mixed some great cocktails as well Lovely hotel and great location in the city.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Richard H,
Thanks for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that we got things right for you & even more so, that you published your experience with Mal. I hope that you will be a regular visitor to us here at Malmaison Birmingham.

Reviewed 12 May 2018

Just stayed the one night. I was quite happy with hotel and it's in a great location if you want to spend some time in central Birmingham.

All staff I encountered were friendly and helpful so service was generally very good. Easy checking in, although the insistence of a credit card when the room was prepaid was a little annoying. Really liked the artwork in reception and throughout the hotel.

My first room was very spacious, but an air con unit that rattled noisily had me changing rooms. This was done very efficiently, impressed at this point.

New room was equally spacious, clean and tidy. Comfy bed and a good size desk for working. Good WiFi and free. Bathroom was fine and I liked the jokey messages on the toiletries.

Breakfast wasn't quite as good. No butter with the toast, wrong eggs with the cooked breakfast and fairly lukewarm.

Overall though a good experience and I'd be happy to return.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear DickBurton,
Thank you for the great review of your stay with us at Malmaison. The team here in Birmingham are all working towards making the hotel a great place to relax & stay & I am glad that this came across during your visit.
I am sorry we didn't get things quite right with breakfast and I hope that we will get the opportunity to get this right for you in the future.
I hope that we will see you back with us very soon.