All reviews one bedroom suite alexandra theatre lovely modern hotel chinese quarter floor to ceiling windows comfortable bed stayed here for one night ncp car park road noise high floor late check mail box birthday treat new street station bull ring reception staff would stay again
Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

On first impression the hotel building is quite impressive. However my room was dated and in need of some tlc.
I am not particularly tall but I found the shower, even when adjusted to the maximum height, was too low to comfortable wash my hair.
Breakfast was good.

Date of stay: April 2016
Ross L, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback of your recent experience at our Hotel.

I am sorry to hear that the bedroom was not to you liking. We are shortly due to start a refurbishment of the guest rooms and I hope that once completed you stay with us again as I know that you will enjoy the difference. I hope that the room didn't spoil your visit to Birmingham and that you enjoyed your time here.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 28 April 2016 via mobile

It's the second time we've stayed here. We were going to The New Alexandra Theatre which is just around the corner.
We had a lovely clean room. With all the mod cons. Both of us had a great nights sleep. Hardly any outside noise. Breakfast was of good quality items. English and continental. All the staff we came into contact with were friendly and polite.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback following your recent visit to our Hotel. I am really pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our super buffet breakfast. Hope to see you at the Hotel again very soon. Warm Regards

Reviewed 28 April 2016 via mobile

I used this hotel throughout march and found that i had to ring reception two or three times if i wanted anything done which was frustrating. Also most of the reception staff were rude.

Breakfast was great, there was a large selection and also food to order from the menu
I did notice though if you took breakfast after 9.30am pancakes wouldnt come out light and fluffy, they came out hard.

The hotel is in a great location and the food was good just a shame about some of the staff as i found a lot of them rude.
I know they deal with different customers everyday but thats what the job involves. Even the maids and head of department wouldnt listen when i asked for water in my room or even a dressing gown.. I shouldnt be asking and asking for things to be brought to the room when they should already be there.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel following your recent visit.

In terms of the amenities which should be included in our bedrooms, unfortunately we only include complimentary mineral water in our Suites as a standard, any additional mineral water requested should be charged for. I do understand that you may feel that the staff are rude if they are unable to include mineral water in other guest rooms but unfortunately this isn't a standard that we offer. Dressing gowns are also not a feature in all of our guest rooms, only suites and Business Class rooms have this automatically within the room amenities.

We do normally receive positive feedback about the service that our staff provide in the Hotel but I have shared your comments with the relevant heads of department so that they can carry out corrective training with their respective teams and that any future requests of this nature are dealt with in the right manner that you would expect from a Radisson Blu Hotel.

I am really pleased to read that you enjoyed our breakfast and I do hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel again in the near future for a more positive experience.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 28 April 2016 via mobile

The good points - staff very friendly & helpful. Breakfast good, clean bedding and towels. Good location near New St, Bullring, etc

Bad points - room very dated, with a mish mash of colours and large floral print, shabby bedside cabinets, lamps, desk and horrible brown carpet all had seen better days. Awful smell in bathroom at times when extractor fan on. Overlooking a busy noisy road. I wouldn't rate it as 4 star.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel following your recent visit. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our breakfast and that the staff looked after you so well during your stay.

We are due to start a refurbishment of our guest rooms in the coming months to improve upon issues such as the ones highlighted in your review. I do hope that the décor etc didn't spoil your visit in any way and that we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel for a more positive experience in the near future.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 27 April 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for one night last weekend. The hotel is nice and central but just far enough out to not be amongst the noise. Room was nice and clean, bed comfortable. We got a good deal of bed & Breakfast. Breakfast is buffet style and had enough variety for most people's taste. There is no hotel car park and you have to park in the NCP attached, the hotel discounts the rate to £15 / 24hrs so make sure you allow for this when booking. Would recommend it and would stay again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind words following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit and that our location worked so well for you.

Hope to see you at the Hotel again very soon.

Warm Regards