“Amazing value!”

Royal Court Hotel - Coventry
Ranked #33 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Stayed for just one night, January 2012. Got an amazing deal, £29.99 bed & breakfast for two. The room rate was just £19.99, plus £5 each for breakfast. The room was absolutely fine, clean and tidy, a good size. The bathroom had a large spa bath but we didn't try that. We decided on room service as we arrived quite late in the evening. we both went for sirloin steak, and it was delicious. Not really hot but we were a long way from the kitchens. The breakfast was the usual buffet, full English or continental, and very good - real value at £5.00! Will certainly go back if the opportunity arrives.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Gwendra1961
Write a ReviewReviews (1,861)

Reviewed 18 January 2012

Stayed at this hotel beginning of January, before going on luxury holiday. Rooms are priced over £140 and we had one at a discount price of £29. What a disappointment. We only stayed after eventually been offerred two alternative rooms and it was too late to look somewhere else!
The rooms were dirty, furniture badly stained, wall paper peeling off, mould on walls and ceiling of bathroom, musty smelling. We thought we were getting a bargain - but how wrong we were!! The receptionist spoke to us as if he was doing us a favour.The bar area had part of the ceiling paper missing and was bare plasterboard, coving was missing. People were returning meals only partially eaten. I wouldn't recommend this place to a dog. There are a lot better hotels in the area which are much better priced, cleaner and smarter without trying to sell you a bargain.Whats that saying "CAVEAT EMPTOR" LET THE BUYER BEWARE

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank g189
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel mon 9th - fri 13th Jan. Before we went we checked trip advisor and were almost put off coming by the comments from some people. However on arriving at the hotel we found it to be lovely. The room was clean and kept nice throughout our stay, the swimming pool was clean and the food was nice, it wasn't amazing but given the amount we had paid it was more than acceptable! I think some people just moan for the sake of moaning!! If you expect 5 star food pay 5 star prices!!! Thank you very much to all the staff especially Julie in restaurant and Barry night porter :)

• Stayed: January 2012
6  Thank Sazzybells
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Like The Hotel Inspector says ' People expect value for money ' . well , this is the first hotel I have ever walked out of . I stay in a lot of hotels through the year , I am no hotel snob but this place was unbelievable. As soon as I arrived , I ordered a room for a family of 3over the net , the receptionist could see we were a couple with a boy , so why put us in a room with one bed .
We went back , got another room , the one positive was a spa bath , the rest of the room was a dirty room with a window I could not close and felt i was in 1974 , carpets and walls were disgusting . .
But it was the food that made up my mind , yes we got a free bottle of wine , the same wine my local off licence sells for £2 but I am sure they get better food in her Majesty's prisons .
Sorry , nearly the worse hotel for value for money .

Room Tip: dont book one
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank john b
Reviewed 12 January 2012

For my husbands 50th Birthday for as a surprise I got together 25 family and friends and arranged to celebrate it in this hotel. We booked 12 rooms with a breakfast and dinner package.The week previously I visited the hotel to finalise all the arrangements, the events organiser did not even bother to come out of her office she just kept sending messages through a member of staff. So I decided to sort it out myself with the staff it concerned on my arrival.I was a bit apprehensive thinking the event was going to be a disaster.We all had an absolutely wonderful time. The hotel and rooms were comfortable and clean but could do with updating. The staff were efficient on check in.The staff in the restaurant were really helpful and were very accommadating especially the restaurants assistant manager as it was the managers night off the food was adequate .

Room Tip: Upgrade to the rooms with a spa bath and the newer part of the hotel
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends