The Swan Hotel
US$110
  • Pool
Comfort Inn Arundel(Arundel)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$92
The White Swan(Arundel)(Great Value!)
US$94
Norfolk Arms Hotel(Arundel)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$79
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$103/night.

US$105
Premier Inn Arundel Hotel(Arundel)(Great Value!)
US$79
PremierInn.com
US$94
Travelodge Arundel Fontwell(Arundel)(Great Value!)
US$43
Travelodge
    TripAdvisor
    • Restaurant
    All reviewsroll top baththe pubfresh milkeggs benedictpublic car parksuperior roomlittle toucheslovely roombeautiful townlovely hotelone night staycomfortable bedcentral locationbiscuitsevening mealexcellent breakfastarundel castle
    Reviewed 13 August 2017

We picked this hotel because it was close in location for our sons wedding. We picked right great service and location and I would go as far to say the best hotel I have stayed in for a long while. Well done to the entire team great experience thank you.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
    Review collected in partnership with this hotel
    Beata S, Deputy Manager at The Swan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Dear PhilippM

Thank you for your review we are delighted to hear it is the best hotel you have stayed in for a long while and that our team provided you with a great experience.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Lovely pub type hotel right in the center of Arundel. Beata and her team made us very welcome. Lana checked us in (at the bar) and showed us to our rooms. Our room was bright and airy. Unfortunately, the other couple in our group were not so lucky. The booking had been made for two superior rooms but apparently a second one was not available when we checked in. The price was adjusted accordingly but it spoilt the stay. The second room was very pokey with a 'small' double bed. We ate in the restaurant the first night. Food was good, could have been hotter on arrival at the table but only one waitress working. Several things were missing from the food choices we made, had to ask for them. Shame because food was good quality. Same issue at breakfast, very slow service. However, all the staff were charming and I would recommend this hotel, be sure to phone and confirm your room type before arriving.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
    Beata S, Deputy Manager at The Swan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Dear Ann B

Thank you for your review, I am pleased that all our team made you feel welcome and Lana showed you up to the room. I am sorry that there was an issue with your other parties room and that it was pokey but glad that you room was lovely and airy. I am sorry to hear that the food could have been hotter and I have fed this information on to the kitchen team to ensure that it is piping hot when it arrives to the table. I am also sorry to hear that breakfast service was slow this is something we are trying to work to improve. I am pleased that you recommend us and I do hope that we get to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Excellent hotel in a fantastic location. The service was good and the staff friendly and helpfull. We had Sunday lunch which was really good. I would definitely recommend The Swan to friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
    Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Sarahr

Thank you for your review I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your Sunday lunch was really good. I do hope that we get to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We stayed for one night in The Swan, 2 couples, therefore 2 double rooms. We had executive rooms and they were lovely. Very comfortable beds and beautiful bathrooms. My only complaint about the room would be that they hadn't fully replenished the tea making facilities. Not a huge problem and easily rectified, but really you shouldn't have to go and ask for everyday teabags! All the other facilities in the room were excellent. Not such good news about the food. We chose to eat in the bar area and not the restaurant which meant ordering our food and paying for it before it came, not a problem at all. We ordered 3 fish and chips and 1 chicken and leek pie served with mash potatoe and vegetables. The fish and chips i'm told was fine, maybe too much batter, but perfectly edible. The pie however was not fine. The crust on the top was rock hard which maybe should have been a clue. Half of the filling was hot, well an edible temperature and then suddenly a cold mouthful, I tried to persevere, but then another cold mouthful. I took the meal to the bar and the staff apologised and asked if they could get me something else, having already eaten a third of a meal I chose the soup which I must say was delicious. The waitress did come over and apologise once more, blaming it on a faulty probe which worried me even more. I wonder how many times that pie had been heated up! There was no offer of a refund, although In fairness I didn't ask for one. Breakfast the next morning, which was included in the price of the room, was very good. I would certainly recommend this hotel for its rooms and breakfasts, but it definitely needs to improve the evening meals.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Debnal

Thank you for your review I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and breakfast, however I was surprised by your comments on the teabags not being replenished, I have spoken to the housekeeping team to ensure this happens but I do apologise that you had to bring it to my attention.

I am sorry to hear that you evening meal was not up to standard and that the pie was not cooked although way through, we do cook all our pies from scratch so this might explain the issue with the middle being cold although this should not happen regardless so I am very sorry about this however I am pleased that your soup was delicious.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Room booked last minute so only had a small double available. Found it to be perfectly adequate for an overnight stay. It was clean, compact & bijou with a very comfortable bed, room to hang clothes, tea & coffee facilities and a dear little bathroom with a fab shower. We also had a complimentary beer from the local brewery.
    Apart from that, we had arrived 15mins early and because the room was 10 mins from being finished cleaning we were offered complimentary drinks at the bar whilst we waited. A nice touch we thought.
    The staff were friendly but we thought, a little inexperienced and quiet.
    Beata, who we presumed was the Manager, was lovely.
    The breakfast was adequate and tasty.
    We would definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Denise S

Thank you for your review I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the breakfast was tasty. I do hope we get to see you again soon.