US$128
The Bulls Head(Fishbourne)
US$117
The Goodwood Hotel(Chichester)
US$160
The Boathouse Bosham(Bosham)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$140
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$200/night.

The Blacksmiths(Chichester)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Apuldram Manor(Chichester)
  • Free Internet
All reviewsthe pubcar parkspa bathone way systemlively bareggs benedictcentral locationnoisy at nightno liftlive bandbreakfast was includedglorious goodwoodroom was spaciousfull english breakfastnice breakfastcentre of townstayed one night
Reviewed 25 March 2018

The place could be very good, whats not to love about a hotel above a pub? But it gets really noisy. It is not just a pub to have a drink and go home but they do music events which make it very noisy. And if you travel on business it is just not fun to booming in your bed at 2 am.
The rooms are very large though, a lot of space, cool jacuzzi in the room. Cleaning can be a bit better, but dusty everywhere and a smell of cigarettes and old eer.
Staff is friendly, they serve a nice breakfast.
Overall I would not return on business at all since it is just too noisy and too smelly.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank RGMex
Angela S, Manager at The Vestry, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Every guest is informed by email that we have late licence at the weekends. When you receive the email and note its content i.e. late licence and music until 2 a.m. if you are travelling for business, maybe a hotel with no entertainment would have been a better choice for you. We offer free cancellation if you cancel for this reason. I personally inspect the rooms every day and the level of cleanliness is very high. Glad you enjoyed your Jacuzzi bath and nice breakfast.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

friendly and helpful staff and excellent central location with car park close by. This could be a really good hotel but it seems to concentrate on music events and is really just a very noisy heavy drinking pub with some rooms. Shame but it could be so much better, but its probably very good at what it does.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Angela S, Manager at The Vestry, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Thank you for reviewing our friendly hotel. We have a very popular, busy bar and a very popular busy hotel. We try and get the balance right with the Vestry love reaching both areas of business. Hope to see you again. Very best regards

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

I was served numerous drinks during the buy one get one free hours. Despite the fact I caused no issues and paid huge amounts of money for my 8 person group. I was asked to leave for being incoherent due to my accent. After another member of staff had served us multiple shots? By what I can only describe as a bi-sexual butter golem. Who had in fact served me half my drinks with glee then told me I had to many. Despite my complete coherence. If you enjoy your night being cut short by a man hating individual this the place for you. Awful service awful staff and all round a classic dive bar. Without the classic.

Stayed: March 2018
Angela S, Manager at The Vestry, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Dear Sir

If your apparent coherence was misinterpreted by our staff I apologise. It is the responsibility of the Vestry staff not to serve customers who appear to be intoxicated. I am not sure what a bi-sexual butter golem is - but it does sound rather insulting towards our lovely Vestry staff.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

We had a delightful stay here, staff are warm and friendly, the room was excellent and breakfast (included in the price) was delicious...the breakfast ingredients were top notch, free range eggs etc...

There is music until late on thurs, fri and sat nights.. we were told about this on booking and actually, didn’t hear a thing, but it is worth noting;)

Highly recommend

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your lovely, refreshing and honest review. It was delightful having you as a guest and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

The hotel was outstanding. The staff made me feel welcome as soon as I stepped into the building. I asked for an early check in at 12, I arrived at 11:30 and the room was already ready. The bed was to die for, I had a wonderful sleep and I woke up with a delicious full English and great company from the morning staff. I have already booked for my next travel and I definitely recommend The Vestry.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
thevestry, Manager at The Vestry, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Many thanks for your review. I am so glad you enjoyed everything the Vestry has to offer! Hope to see you again! Angela Simper