“The dinkiest restaurant with the finest food”
Review of The Old Greenhouse

The Old Greenhouse
Ranked #2 of 260 Restaurants in Chichester
Price range: US$20 - US$59
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: A small 16 cover restaurant in a converted greenhouse on the main road in Fishbourne West Sussex.The restaurant is only open for pre booked tables. Ideal as a private dining room. We offer a 3 course menu,that is updated daily and can incorporate your own favourite dishes, this is priced at £32.50 Inc coffee.We also open for "diary date" events such as mussels,lasagne,gourmet dinners,Local and wild food events. For details of these please e mail Nik. We are not a grand restaurant, the emphasis is on delivering a quality and where possible locally sourced meal in an intimate and imaginative way. Nik Westacott Chef and owner has over 30 years experience in the restaurant sector and now runs the adjoining four star bed and breakfast 82 Fishbourne and a busy outside catering business.
Reviewed 30 May 2017

As were staying at 82 Fishbourne, it seemed churlish not to book a table at The Old Greenhouse. This place is so wee! Everything on the menu sounded wonderful, however, I settled on salmon and river cobbler with samphire, which was perfectly cooked and presented. The trio of desserts was a real treat, and my nine year old son can vouch for the cheese plate!

Thanks Nik, we were really charmed by your restaurant, cooking and hospitality :)

Eric, my nine year old says: Helpful, kind and talkative staff, the cheese board was wonderful I loved the sellection of crackers and cheeses! Beautifyl and tasty pudding, I would love to come again!

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

After living in the village for a few years, myself and my partner have wanted to visit for a while, now we have, we regret not going sooner! What stunning food! We really struggled to pick one thing off the menu and we will certainly be going back as soon as we have another "child free" evening. The menu changes regularly which means we will never go out knowing already what we will order, as you do with most restaurants you visit frequently (which does in turn become a bit boring!)

The food is beautifully presented and although I didn't manage to get photos of the starter and mains, I couldn't not take one of the "trio of desserts", it tasted even better than it looked.

It was lovely to see and speak to Nik once we had finished our meals, despite him having been cooking all evening, he made an effort to come and speak to all his guests which felt very personal and welcoming. We can't wait for our next visit!

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

I have visited here a few times with my family and every time we have had a nice waiter who is friendly, good food too and good value for the price.

Reviewed 26 April 2017

Our first visit to this restaurant, but it wont be our last! An intimate restaurant but space is utilised very well. As we had dined with Nik at a previous restaurant I had no doubt that the food would be excellant, and he did not disappoint. The menu selection made our choices difficult to make and the quality and quantity was superb. It will not be too long before we return.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

We had a perfect evening with amazing food and atmosphere.. we celebrated my sons 30th we were severed wonderful food wine and the service was perfect... highly recommend and we will return

Thank you for making our evening perfect

nn1Sussex, Owner at The Old Greenhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

It was a pleasure to look after you. So pleased you enjoyed.

Nik