“Best burger”

The Crate and Apple
Ranked #16 of 254 Restaurants in Chichester
Price range: US$15 - US$29
Description: Our menu demonstrates our love of Sussex and Hampshire local produce which is cooked totally from scratch. Andy and Lisa head the hospitable team in the pub-restaurant and Jordan Pennant and Jordan Thomson look after the creativeness of the kitchen, serving Breakfast, Lunch, Bar Snacks and Dinner. Open for just a coffee, sandwiches, a light meal or a more substantial one
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a gourmet burger for dinner at " The crate and apple". I think it was probably the best burger I have ever had. All the ingredients seemed really fresh and from what the lovely waitress told me the new owners were concentrating on improving all aspects of the business.
If the burger was anything to go by they are succeeding.
Keep up the good work!!
Next I'm going to try the Sunday roast which I have been told is amazing.

1  Thank Rpt101261

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Excellent service, caring, friendly and efficient. Pleasant ambience and superb food. One of our best dining experiences this year.

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Great place to go with a big group or family meal. The food was really really lovely. Kids meals were great too. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

Recently revamped, the service is friendly and pro , the food is classic .The selection of wines is very good , not many wines but each well choosen like the pinot from loire valley and the Picpoul de pinet from south of France , the Muscadet of the Languedoc is great.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

This restaurant has changed names a few times in the 7 years I've lived here. I don't know if the owners have changed with the name, but under it's relatively new name of 'The Crate and Apple' it's improved significantly.
It's simple but ambient décor slots it somewhere between gastropub and restaurant. It's menu, however, is best described as 'small but perfectly formed', and the same goes for the wine list.
Although I'm a big meat eater I went for the starter of heritage beetroots and goats cheese sorbet - it was sublime! A wonderful combination of flavours and textures that perfectly whetted the appetite for the main.
I had the venison and my wife had the rib eye. Both where excellent and the chef was happy to accommodate a moderate request for adjustment.
The dessert was delicious and the wine and beer list is very good.
The bill was what we expected for this level of quality and I would definitely go again.

2  Thank Robin I