“Service is a little patchy”

Village Hotel Leeds South
Ranked #26 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 17 September 2017

Some of the service is a little patchy. but in general very good. I had an issue with the kitchen closing early on a Saturday night. I don't like being lied to and that's what happened. I will be making a formal complaint.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Nalin D, General Manager at Village Hotel Leeds South, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your visit.

I am very sorry and am concerned that you feel the staff have not been honest with you about the kitchen opening times. I have picked up the issue with my restaurant & pub manager and the head chef to ensure we are adhering to the published timings.

Thank you again for the valuable feedback, and I hope this experience will not detract you from staying with us in the future. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed at village hote on Friday night for a girls night great access to Leeds around £9-£10 in taxi 10 mins drive
Car park large plenty of spaces
Check in friendly helpful staff
Clean nice room bed was very comfy
Paid for room upgrade not really worth it in my opinion minimum coffee pods in room didn't feel was any different from other village hotels rooms
Hotel bar friendly staff great prices cocktails
Spa nice facilities but lots and lots of kids on sat afternoon near hot tub and came for peace away from mine haha being splashed of kids whilst having peace not very peaceful haha maybe could be asked to stay at other end of pool in a sectioned of area still room even thow lessons where on as the pool was large . Overall great stay

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank 367toni87

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your visit.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and want to express my gratitude for the positve comments about our hotel and the facilities. I have taken into account the comments about kids in the swimming pool and the upgraded room facilities. I will pass on the feedback to the Leisure manager and housekeeping manager. I can assure you that I have passed on your positive feedback to the relevant teams who are also very happy with the comments.

Thank you again for the valuable feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Nice clean hotel. Good breakfast. Enjoyed the pool area. Stayed 2 nights for a family wedding close by. Great for what we needed. In a good location with a lot to do close by. All the family liked the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 178amiip

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your visit.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and want to express my gratitude for the positve comments about our breakfast and the hotel. I can assure you that I have passed on your feedback to the relevant teams who are also very happy with the comments.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Location was perfect for where I needed to be

Friendly staff, with really easy check in. Nice room with comfortable bed. Smart and clean bathroom.

Cleanliness of gym changing rooms let down the experience

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your visit.

I am very sorry and am concerned that you did not find the cleanliness in our gym changing rooms to the expected standard. I can assure you I have passed on your feedback to the Leisure manager and we are doing all we can to ensure non of our future guests staying with us experience the same issue. Thank you for positive comments about our staff and the bed rooms. I have shared the feedback with the relevant departments and they are delighted with the comments.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Everything about the hotel is super, the breakfast was fantastic, it's a pity i could not explore the entire facilities available. However, i really enjoyed my stay and looking forward to coming back in the near future.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bayoyemo
Nalin D, General Manager at Village Hotel Leeds South, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your visit.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and want to express my gratitude for the positve comments about our breakfast facilities. I can assure you that I have passed on your feedback to the relevant teams who are also very happy with the comments.