“Good old fashioned Fish n Chips”
Review of Nash's

Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Quarry Hill
Reviewed 10 August 2017

I haven't been for years.
When I arrived I was saddened to see that the 'Tudor style' restaurant is gone and you can only enter from the takeaway and sit in the seating area. Some company called Nom Nom Kitchen has bought them out and are refurbing the restaurant. The staff don't even know if they will continue to do fish and chips? There are no toilets but you can go next door.
So you have a choice sit in the seating area and pay double to have your fish and chips on a plate. We opted for cardboard boxes.
We had fish and chips for an adult and child 2 drinks and sauces and it came to £10.45.
And the food? Blooming gorgeous! Best fish and chips I have had in years in Leeds. Crispy batter, delicate fish, fluffy chips.
The staff were apologetic and very helpful .
But the food speaks for itself. Give it a try before we loose another Leeds institution

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

The staff were so rude and aggressive. The lady who served us, her apron was filthy, she was very rude. The outside area was filthy too. Members of staff were sat outside so we had to sit somewhere else. The big bin was smelly and we saw something jump out. horrible experience.

2  Thank cleanersdirect
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

My mum and her poorly husband were over in Leeds to visit and asked me to organise a tea out for all the family (11 of us) which isn't too far away from where she was staying so I googled places and found Nashs Fish and chip restauraunt and thought that sounded good. I promptly went on their website and booked for 11 people. I also said in special comments section that I would need disabled access as we were coming with a disabled 12 year old boy in a wheelchair who couldn't walk. I looked all over their website to see if it says anywhere that it isn't suitable for the disabled but there is nothing about it. None of our party had ever been before so could only go by the website.
Within ten minutes of booking online I received a text message to my phone from Alan the manager asking for us to make a pre order so they could have everything ready for our visit. There was nothing said at all about my request for disabled access. I was then chased up a couple of times through the week leading up to our meal for the preorder which I eventually supplied them with.
Come the day of the meal we turned up to be greeted by two flights of stairs and no lift. It was throwing it down with rain so me and my brother had to lift James my wife's disabled son and his wheelchair up these two flights of stairs to the restaurant. When I mentioned my request to the staff they were hardly bothered they just shrugged and said 'yeah it should be on the website really'
Now lets talk about the meal, my major issue was with the Prawn Cocktail which wasn't good, menu said it comes with wholemeal bread and it came with what looked like savers white bread cut up into triangles . The fish was too oily but overall was nice.
The room was empty apart from us and all the staff were bothered about was arguing between each other and being really rude to each other around us, shouting at each other over the walkie talkie between upstairs and downstairs staff.
Everyone at our table had just the one drink each throughout our meal and when I was ordering the drinks (at the bar as there seems to be no table service) the lad was all over the place getting the drinks and scribbling the order down on paper.
I will be honest I was more bothered about working out the best way of getting James out down the stairs to pay attention of the bill (£170) which I paid without checking (my error I know).
We subsequently left with my mum even paying a £12 tip just because she is nice like that.
The next day I had a look at the bill and they had charged me £24 for a glass of red wine and a glass of white wine ( the guy at the till charged us for four glasses). I then sent a text message to Alan the manager telling him about the above, not in the hope to get something for nothing but just cos it wasn't right. A week later I still had not had a reply so I text again today asking for a response. Alan then actually did reply to me saying he had asked the staff involved and they said we did order four glasses of wine and other people say the prawn cocktail is nice and that is it. Not a word about anything else. Imagine my frustration hence this long winded review. I wish there was somewhere else I could go with this because it is disgraceful and to be called a liar by the manager (not in those words obviously) is terrible.

2  Thank Peter R
Reviewed 1 July 2017

My mother and I visited Nash's Restaurant in Leeds city centre for lunch. I cannot praise the food highly enough. I had the fish pie with a seasonal salad and my mother had gluten free fish and chips. The fish pie was delicious, absolutely full of salmon and prawns with beautiful cheesy mash on top. It was very filling and I wasn't able to manage any dessert! My mother said the gluten free fish tasted so good she thought it was ordinary batter. I'm sure that next time we meet in Leeds we will head for Nash's.
Also I must say the staff were friendly and helpful and the rather quaint old-fashioned surroundings adds real character to the restaurant. I can't remember visiting a fish restaurant before that was as good as this. Do go, if you love fish you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Quick polite service, such a big place I don't know they keep it running I was there with my colleagues across lunchtime and only 4 other people came in.
The fish was nice, the chips were plenty and bread was uncut just as it should be, I even took the apple and custard option which was lovely.
Well worth a visit, the only down side of the whole thing is there is no where cheap to park, meters are high, multi-storey is extortionate and private company campers are all around.