“Decent hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Leeds East
Ranked #42 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Decent budget hotel. Good location with free parking next door to a Toby carvery. Very comfortable beds. Breakfast the same as all HIE (scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon and beans) very friendly ladies on receptions. Only gripes are that the only draught beer is becks and tastes awful (presumably because of low throughput) and some strange red markings across bathroom tiles which looked like blood but didn't come off.
All in all, pretty decent and would happily stay again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
HIE_LeedsEast, Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds East, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the hotel. I was delighted to read your comments regarding our location, comfortable beds and friendly staff on reception. I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the team. I was however, sorry to read that you did not enjoy our draught becks, please be assured that If we are aware of any issues with the becks we would most certainly offer an alternative drink. Please accept my apologies for the red staining across the bathroom tiles in your guest room, I have investigated and discovered that it was a red dye from a previous occupant of the room.
Once again thank you for bringing these matters to our attention and I hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

Used this hotel for a stop off for my travels, and from the warm welcome from the staff, the cleanliness of the room and the facilities in general where more than enough, so good value for money. Breakfast was well stocked even though it seemed quite busy and hot food well cooked. Will use this Hotel again if in the area. Only negative was people using nearby pub used the hotel parking spaces.

Room Tip: Parking can be tight so get there early.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
HIE_LeedsEast, Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds East, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the hotel. I was delighted to read your lovely comments regarding your warm welcome from our staff, the cleanliness of your guest room and well stocked breakfast. The hotel prides itself on high standards and I am pleased that we met your expectations.
Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

It's clean. Easy to find. Good location for what we need. Handy having a Toby Carvery next door. Staff lovely, b'fast good, but one room for two adults and two children is not suitable. 2nd bed is too small and very uncomfortable.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the hotel. I was delighted to read your lovely comments regarding our location, lovely staff and good breakfast. Please be assured that I will pass your comments on to the team.
I was however, sorry to read that you found the sofa bed small and uncomfortable and I hope that you will accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Rooms clean, beds reasonably comfortable, staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a different matter, food was appalling, dirty tables, no one around to help. Just chaotic not an experience I would willingly repeat. Won't stay again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
HIE_LeedsEast, Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds East, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay. I was delighted to read your comments regarding our clean comfortable guest rooms and friendly helpful staff. I was however sorry to read that you found breakfast appalling. On occasions the breakfast area does get busy, however, the breakfast staff do ensure that tables are cleared as soon as possible, I hope that you will accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations during your stay.
Once again thank you for your valuable comments and I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

We stayed there for a night on our way up to Scotland. The staff was friendly, the room clean and big enough. The bathroom had one of these doors that you can use as either a door for the whole bathroom or for only the toilet which can be practical. Breakfast was included and was totally okay. All in all a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
HIE_LeedsEast, Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds East, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the hotel. I was delighted to read your lovely comments regarding our friendly staff and clean practical guest rooms.