“Horses for courses”
Review of Lawnswood Arms

Lawnswood Arms
Ranked #584 of 2,245 Restaurants in Leeds
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Fantastic food venue with daily deals on food and drink, a spacious bar area with 7 large screens including a 90” projector showing all live sports (sky and bt sport). As well as all the above we also have a huge wacky warehouse which is perfect for the kids! We have everything here at the Lawnswood. We look forward to seeing you very soon
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I moved to Leeds in 1986 & this was my local. A suburban Tetley pub with the landlord given a free hand for meals. Then it was excellent. it's had a few reincarnations along the way. Now it it part of the Greene King, Hungry Horse empire. All I had was a drink & the range of beers has improved. It used to be Tetley or possibly Burton Ale on a good day. Now you have Leeds & Kirkstall breweries as well as Greene Kings own. The food is pile it high & sell it cheap. You don't come here for a gourmet experience. Have to say it's not my sort of pub but the beer was good and the place is huge and was packed late on a Saturday pm so it's doing something right

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

I went to the Lawnswood arms with my family for a birthday. The party included some small children. There was plenty of choice for them, plus the kitchen we're accomodating with swaps. The food was of a good quality and very decent portions! The big plates are huge but yummy! I was stuffed! The staff here are warm, welcoming and knowledgeable. It is a big bustling pub but at the same time feels cosy. I would definitely recommend the Lawnswood Arms to others. Next time I'm going to take my little one to the wacky warehouse.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

This is the place to go for a good, cheap and cheerful meal but it's not all run of the mill traditional pub grub. My husband and I went last Saturday with 2 friends and had a great meal. All special requirements were met.

The staff, especially the assistant manager, Sarah, were most helpful and efficient.

I tried something new for my meal - a baked Falafel burger with Salad. I am not vegetarian but fancied this for a change and I wasn't disappointed. It was absolutely delicious and I'd eat it again.

The atmosphere at the Lawnswood is always welcoming and relaxed and we had a wonderful, fun night out with a good meal and didn't break the bank.

We are reasonably regular visitors but I've not written a review before.

Excellent location with masses of parking.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Lovely family restaurant with a fab soft play, me and my friend's go to the wacky warehouse regularly with our children, the children love it and the staff are polite and friendly. We often go into the restaurant to eat dinner afterwards and the food has always been spot on. My favourite is the chick and mix, so tasty! My child loves the kids meals, decent portion sizes too. The puddings are also to die for. Can never resist a chocolate fudge cake.
Atmosphere is always so relaxed, staff in the restaurant/bar are also polite and friendly.
All in all, a great place to go for abit of family time and to have a great catch up with friends. Xx

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Visited here with my family the staff were so kind and caring the food were absolutely amazing. Worth every penny and was a lovely atmosphere