“Overall nice hotel but rude staff member”

Travelodge Leeds Central Vicar Lane Hotel
Ranked #46 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 18 September 2017

I made a complaint about a staff member. The team manager was very apologetic when I complained and she clearly stated it wasn't their policy to be like that. However I feel a male member of staff, insisting he enter a females room, at 2 in the morning is a bigger issue than just not appropriate. He insisted I open the door wide (I wasnt fully dressed as it was 2am) and demanded to know why I didn't. His tone was very aggressive. Then he told me to open the door so he could come inside, when I said no he aggressively replied "why?" He said there was a noise complaint from my room but we had no noise. I felt very vulnerable, exposed and intimidated. I felt like he was thinkng about entering my room without my permission and I felt very paranoid for the rest of the night.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
TravelodgeUK, Niki from The Social Media Team at Travelodge Leeds Central Vicar Lane Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback.

We are really sorry to hear of your experience. Please accept our sincerest apologies and we have passed your comments onto the hotel manager as this does not reflect Travelodge standards.

Could we kindly ask you to contact one of our Customer Services Advisors via our website help form with your review to look into this more thoroughly.

Thank you again for reviewing our hotel.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

The Ibis Styles was over booked so I chose Travelodge. I made a good decision. The check in guys were brilliant. Professional and funny with it. They were more than helpful. The room was functional, the bed comfortable and other things as expected.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2017

i asked for a quiet room - but was given a room directly above noisy fans, which ran on and off (about every 5 minutes kicking back on) all night.
No air con so couldn't close the windows...
No phone in the room to call to reception for them to bring soap for the bathroom or to let them know the floor was not hoovered from the previous guests.
Bathroom door didn't lock or fully close.
As for the car park around the corner... well several laps of Leeds city one way system I then had to park on double yellow lines to dive into the hotel to get better directions as the postcode for the car park isn't a direct match... only to be greeted with someone who didn't really know where it was.

not a great experience... although the lovely young lady in the breakfast room was trying her best, the rest was terrible.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
TravelodgeUK, Niki from The Social Media Team at Travelodge Leeds Central Vicar Lane Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback.

Thank you again for reviewing our hotel.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Arrived at hotel at 1.30pm for 3pm check-in and was informed that unable to leave luggage likewise on checking out next day! Never experienced this with any other hotel chain. Caused a major problem as trip was mainly for shopping and didn't help having to carry luggage around! Wish I'd been informed about this at point of booking.

Room Tip: Check left luggage policy before booking!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
TravelodgeUK, Charlotte from The Social Media Team at Travelodge Leeds Central Vicar Lane Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

At Travelodge we do not have a luggage service as our hotels are simply not big enough, we do offer our guests early check in and late check out for the extra of £10. Guests with early check in can enter their room from 12 noon, likewise those with late check out can stay in their room until 2pm the following day.

We are sorry you were not informed of this prior to arriving at the hotel. On occasion some of our hotels are able to accept guests luggage, however this would be purely at their discretion and we would kindly advise either the hotel or our helpful customer services team is contacted to check the facilities available. We hope this helps and we thank yo for your helpful review.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

the hotel I felt was much in need of a makeover otherwise my stay was ok sveral attemps by the staff who did everything to resolve my problem of connecting to the hotel wi fi I that this one area I feel there is room for inprovement

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
TravelodgeUK, Charlotte from The Social Media Team at Travelodge Leeds Central Vicar Lane Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Please allow us to thank you for taking the time to share your review of our Leeds Central Vicar Lane Travelodge with us.

We're sorry to learn you experienced issues connecting to the WiFi provided in our hotel during your recent stay, however we are pleased our friendly team did all they could to assist you.

We will pass your helpful comments to the hotel team and we do hope there is another occasion we can welcome you as a guest of ours.