“Quick bite to eat”

Ranked #75 of 2,283 Restaurants in Leeds
Price range: US$1 - US$9
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: A Thai Shack in the heart of Leeds , serving affordable Thai food. Leave the pack lunch at home and eat with us! Next door to First direct Arena in Wade Lane in Merion Centre.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We ate here before going to the grand theatre. You can’t book, so you have to drop in and hope there’s space as it is very popular.
Food was lovely. But as these places doo, you can get your main as you’re still eating your starter. I had ribs for starter £3.50 and then Bangkok pad Thai £7.50. Lovely food at really good prices freshly made. Not a great beer selection and quite expensive if you want a drink. Worth a visit if you can get in but it is tressle tables and toilet roll for napkins ha ha. Would return if we wanted to grab a quick bite.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I had visited my Thai previously and they used to have a separate gluten free menu. I really enjoyed the food so was looking forward to eating there again however we sat down asked for a gluten free menu and the waiter said "we can't do that.. we don't do gluten free anymore because of cross contamination' so we got up and left. Appreciate their honesty but when they used to do this before what has changed? A step backwards... My Thai please remove on trip advisor that you do gluten free options as this is clearly not true.

1  Thank emma_j2313
trees007, Owner at My Thai Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

We would rather be up front and honest rather than kill some one . Too many people have had serious miss haps in the last year . We have a high risk of cross contamination as it is cheap street food cooked fresh . Sorry if this offends the decision was taken to protect the customer first and foremost and our employees

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Popped in here for a quick lunch break after a work meeting. Fantastic food, service and value. I didn't have much time before catching a train but the red curry came quickly. It was fresh hot and extremely tasty. Best I've had. Will be back to sample other dishes. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely meal here, the food was very tasty. I would say it’s not really a restaurant you could sit and eat and stay all night but if you are wanting quick and tasty meal then this is for you.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

This place is great for just about every party size and occasion, from eating alone as a snack to eating with a large group of friends. We ate on a Friday night and it was heaving, we were lucky to get a table. The service was very fast and we were eating within 10 minutes of sitting down.

I had the yellow curry and it tasted great. All the ingredients were fresh and full of flavour. There was nothing bad padding it out like you get in some restaurants, it was just noodles, meat, vegetable and the sauce. This is how food should be. It was fast, cheap and fantastic for flavours.

This is a very down to earth place. There was just two of us so we ended up sat on the end of a large table. I strongly recommend that anyone who likes Thai food tries this place at least once.