“Pleasantly surprised”

Price range: US$49 - US$49
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Leeds City Centre
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Went here last week with 4 colleagues as we were staying at the Met hotel for a training event. I wasn’t expecting it to be spectacular but the food was surprisingly good. I’ve only given it 4 stars as when one of my party asked how long the food would be the waiter abruptly replied “about 30 minutes, everything is cooked fresh but if you want microwaved food this isn’t the place for you”.
I’m sure he could have worded this better. However the second waiter who was serving us was the complete opposite of the rude one. He was pleasant and had a sense of humour.

1  Thank veiledicequeen

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Great lamb Nihari with wonderful sauce only surpassed by perfectly cooked naan bread! Always a highlight of my visits to Leeds.

3  Thank Andrew T
Reviewed 25 March 2018

We ate here last Friday evening. As soon as we walked through the door, we could tell it was going to be good, because of the lovely fragrant aromas. The staff were friendly, efficient and helpful. The food was outstanding, one of the best curries we've ever had. We loved all the spices and flavours. The restaurant was very nice too, lovely decor. Top marks.

3  Thank Jannet M
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

First time visit to Nawaab’s and I’ll definitely be back. We shared a mixture of starters and popadoms which were all enjoyed. For mains I had the Tandoori Chicken Tikka and garlic naan which were both excellent, cooked well and really tasty. Service was friendly and quick but not rushed. Top night.

2  Thank Sir_Bob_P
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Rare to find an Indian Restaurant that's service is as exceptional as its cuisine. Born and raised in Bradford, curry became part of a staple diet and the competition was intense! Lived all over the country and nothing compared. Until I moved to Leeds and found this place, WOW, the tastes, flavours and textures where all back better than I remembered them. Accompanied by a level of service that would embarrass any high class restaurant, I can't recommend Nawaabs enough. Best curry in Leeds by far!

3  Thank MattyBrigg