“Comprehensive Tour of Stonehenge”

Salisbury & Stonehenge Guided Tours
Ranked #1 of 19 Tours in Salisbury
More attraction details
Owner description: Hi. My name is Pat Shelley and I provide tours in and around the Stonehenge area. I take you on an exploration of the many sites which help to explain what Stonehenge may have been about across some beautiful countryside. Many people come back again with other members of their family or on the recommendation of friends. We can help out with transfers and travel arrangements to make your travel plans as smooth as possible. I look forward to meeting you.
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Let me say first off that Pat does an exceptional job with the tour, he has done extensive research and it really shines in his presentation. In comparison with other tours, he goes the extra mile and makes the stones much more memorable. He knows the most ideal places to take pictures, and is on a good basis with the people that work there. My time at the Inner Circle was probably the most memorable of all my adventures in England, it was the perfect note to end on before I departed back for the US. The price may seem pretty steep, but sighseeing in the UK is already inflated...just to see Windsor Castle and its' Great Kitchen is ~$35 and not an intimate experience. Compared to other Inner Circle tours it's comparable, but from my experience we had way more time than the other tour group and we were smaller...which means most of the pics were rather pristine with few bystanders in.

1  Thank aejira

Reviewed 21 December 2011

Pat's enthusiasm, knowledge and friendliness made this tour one of the highlights of our trip to the UK. Our teenaged daughters are generally lukewarm about historical tours, but even they were spellbound as Pat brought Stonehenge to life for us. I highly recommend this tour.

1  Thank Sallymc123
Reviewed 19 December 2011

This is a must do!! Pat Shelley creates an experience rather than giving just a "tour", his knowledge of the history and archaeology of Stonehenge and the surrounding areas is amazing.

Reviewed 16 December 2011

Regina & me came from Hesse, Germany in August 2011 and with our English we really didn't know about having a chance to understand what the Blue Badge Guide will say. But Pat shaked our hands and let make an experience we will never forget: very less technical terms, fact-bound but enthusiastically spoken informations with humerous remarks from time to time. While touring he uses your prename to create a personal atmosphere. And!.. He allowed me to take some few film sequences for my private archive and helped me months later to get every of his spoken words on that tape. The man is amazing! We thank you very much, Patrick.

Reviewed 11 December 2011

One of the best tours I have taken in my life. Pat says he talks too much but every word is a morsel of knowledge. More than worth the money. Definitely do the tour in the early AM gaining access to walk among the stones. Breathtaking! Would recommend Pat to my most critical friends. They would be hard put to find fault. We like him so much, we cajoled him into expanding our day with a tour of Salisbury (paid,mod course!). You won't go wrong.

1  Thank Cstrum