All reviews lime tree cream tea executive room town centre good size afternoon tea cleaning staff comfortable hotel car park steak scones booked this hotel short break great weekend waiting staff buffet style hotel is situated
Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

This is a really sad review to have to write. I visited with my mother and sister to stay at the hotel for a night which included use of the spa, a massage treatment and a 2 course meal at the restaurant. This was supposed to have been a nice trip away for my mother's birthday. I really wish we hadn't have bothered because it was an awful experience.

From the moment we arrived at the hotel the staff seemed a bit disorganised. At check-in we were asked the same questions repeatedly, but our room was ready when we arrived which was good.

We arrived at the spa 10 minutes before our scheduled appointments and were shown to the small changing room where we were advised that a towel, gown and slippers would be available. There were none in the lockers, but the receptionist did resolve this although we still never got slippers.
Our treatment ended up being 30 minutes late, because the therapists were arguing with each other in reception in front of us. When we finally went for treatments we then had to listen to the therapists explain why they were arguing during the massage!
Treatment was ok, not the best. Pressure was weak and I don't go for a massage to have a conversation the entire time. It wasn't a relaxing experience, it was awkward. However the therapist was friendly.
The spa area is small, the beds were nice but could have been warmer. I liked the steam room, but it had a damp smell. The sauna was nice, as was the outdoor jacuzzi and they allow you to order drinks from the bar there.
I ordered a Daisy cocktail, it was disappointing. The flavour was good, but it was a gin glass with a bottle of prosecco sticking out if it - presentation was lacking, there was no thought put into it for the price. Just a bit of lemon floating in it.

We went to the bar lounge for lunch, nobody was serving. We asked several times to be served. We ordered drinks and some food - we asked 3 times for our drinks, the drinks arrived after our food some 25 minutes later!!
The food came out cold, we sent it back ... When it came out cold and soggy a second time, we gave up. We were given excuses about how they were understaffed and someone had called in sick...
Another table of guests actually walked out and said they would not be returning and offered us some drinks vouchers!!

We had room 105, it's tired and dated. This could be forgiven as we were only away for 1 night, but when we tried to have showers before dinner in the evening the shower had not hot water.
We were given excuses about how they had a masonic event in and maybe they were all having showers at the same time. We were offered another room to have showers in - 205. This room hadn't even been cleared from their previous guests!!!! However, it did have hot water.

We had a 2 course meal pre-booked for 7:30 at the restaurant. Nobody was there to greet us and there was only an elderly couple in the entire room. It was noisy though because there was an event in the function rooms opposite which at one point actually spilled out into the restaurant!!! Not very ambient or comfortable.
The food came out, it was ok but to be honest by this point none of us wanted to be there anymore. We were all extremely upset with the lack of service and the faulty towers experience.

I actually didn't even bother to stay the night, I packed and drove 1.5 hours home at 9pm at night. This really was a terribly sad experience, the staff just forgot about us.

Awful.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank nayhem
Reviewed 4 November 2018

Had a great afternoon tea and spa deal at the Lime Tree Spa and hotel, I went with my daughter and sister in law. Great treatments and lovely afternoon tea with prosecco, would definitely recommend. Relaxing atmosphere and the best massage I had ever had !

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
MilfordHall, Manager at Milford Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

I am really pleased you had a great massage and a lovely time.

Regards

Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

Had afternoon tea here after an afternoon session in the spa opposite. Such a warm welcome from all the staff who couldn’t do enough for you. A hidden gem in the heart of Salisbury. Will definitely be back soon.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for your hidden gem review- I will pass your comments onto the staff.

Reviewed 19 October 2018 via mobile

My sister and I returned to the hotel's restaurant today for lunch after an absence of about a year. Today, we chose our food from the set menu - each course was delicious. In addition, the member of staff who looked after us had just the right balance of engagement and distance. Due to our experience today, my sister and I shall make this a regular meeting place again.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Angela

Thank you for the 5 star review- see you soon hopefully.

Reviewed 23 September 2018

We booked this break through Secret Escapes. On arrival, they were not able to find our booking. Not a good start. The young receptionist went through everything still nothing. She called the manager who was also unable to locate the booking. Thankfully they had rooms so eventually they entered the booking manually. Both the receptionist and manager had the personality of a gnat. No apology just whispers and the manager left leaving the young lady to deal with it. Luckily i had printed out the booking which they asked to keep and try and sort it out. We went off into town which was only a short walk away. On our return there was a different receptionist who also had little personality. She eventually gave us our room to some relief. WE asked about evening meal to be told just turn up. There is only a small restaurant, although there was no issue with getting a table. The staff in the restaurant were so nice, very accommodating, polite and courteous. The meal arrived and the wait was well worth it, the starters were fabulous and very hot. The mains were also served very hot and delicious. Despite a wedding party going on they staff coped amicable. The room was very good. Large size and very clean. Breakfast was also delicious, a buffet style but good products. The same staff as the night before, still very polite and welcoming. On check out they tried to charge me for the evening meal despite telling them on arrival the package included evening meal. They checked the information i had left with them and there was no issue. The both staff on receptionist could do with attending a communication skills course with the manager. All the other staff, cleaning staff etc were very polite and welcoming. Well done to them, shame the front house staff didn't come in the same league.

Room tip: if you book anyway other than direct with the hotel, make sure you take confirmation with you
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Rosalind L

Sorry to hear we got off to a bad start, but pleased that we improved and you enjoyed the room and the food.
we will monitor our new reception staff to ensure they are communicating effectively.-thanks for letting us know.

Regards