“First visit but not the last”
Review of The Beehive

The Beehive
Reserve with OpenTable
The Beehive is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 160 Restaurants in Maidenhead
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We came here for Sunday lunch and it didn't disappoint.

The food was lovely and service friendly and attentive. We both had salmon tagliatelle to start which was very light and delicious (I could have eaten a big bowl of it for a main as it was so nice) and my husband had a steak and I had roast lamb which came with the best roast potatoes ever and loads to fresh veg.

The fact that the mint sauce was homemade shows what type of place this is, every aspect was the best it could be. We then shared cheese and biscuits which was more than enough for the two of us and a good variety of cheeses.

Perfect venue for Sunday lunch and will definitely be back. Not sure if I would go on a Saturday night as it is a large dining room and not sure if it would feel intimate but like I said cannot fault the food and will be going back very shortly!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The place itself is lovely, I just found the menu very fish heavy , the meat i ordered was rare and I asked for medium, seems like the chef only does it one way. The lady serving seemed off with me, that I couldn't find a starter i liked , a bit underwhelmed really

3  Thank Dave D
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great food, good service and interesting menu. We all struggled with what to pick off the menu as there was some interesting dishes. Definitely recommend this gastro pub. Great rabbit lasagne with generous meat portion and tasty taglietelle for main. I had a bannofe mille feuille for dessert , delicious.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited for Sunday lunch, was told to take a place in the bar whilst the table was made up. Waited for at least 5 minutes to get a drink as the one waitress was making up a huge order of drinks. Not a great start. Shown to table and given menus and then sat and sat and sat whilst waiters and waitresses walked past us. Our menus were laid on the table so it would have been clear we had made our choices. After another 5 minutes we stopped someone to take our order. No apology given. Starters and main were lovely as was the dessert but when it came to coffee we were left hanging hanging again and as I had ordered a black americano I was disappointed to see my cup was barely half full. We noticed that the advertised petit fours weren't present either so had to ask for those to be given to us. Funnily enough we didn't have to wait for the bill to arrive.

Our waitress was surly at best, I didn't see a smile once. We were sat at table 9 I believe. I know it was busy and whilst the food was excellent we paid over £125 for 2 people so you would expect service to be at a better level than this.

We left well fed but disappointed. I am torn whether or not to recommend this restaurant. On one hand the food is delicious but on the other the service we received at 2pm on a Sunday was simply awful. We left feeling they just didn't care. Maybe that's how they do it here?

2  Thank RossDa23
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I wanted to celebrate my birthday at a local restaurant with a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. with this in mind my partner and I did some research and ate at several local establishments. We found The Beehive the most appealing, firstly the friendly service and not forgetting the outstanding food. I made contact with Alicia and we worked together to create a menu for my party of fourteen. We started with the most delicious pickled Mackerel with a potato salad and beetroot. We followed with a rump of Lamb, spiced Aubergine Salad with a Cucumber and Dill Salad, this was absolutely stunning, one of the best lamb dishes I have ever eaten. To finish we had a Cambridge cream with Yorkshire Rhubarb. Well done to the team for making my birthday a truly special evening.