“Rubbish customer service from assistant manager”
Review of Viceroy of Windsor

Viceroy of Windsor
Ranked #68 of 254 Restaurants in Windsor
Price range: US$16 - US$53
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: An eloquent and dynamic Indian tandoori restaurant centralised within the Windsor Town Centre besides the Trinity Church and East Berkshire College. A local favourite, this restaurant has been serving both locals and tourists alike since 1987. With an intimate yet spacious atmosphere along with over 100 readily available seats the Viceroy remains the best Indian restaurant in Windsor. Our award winning food has won numerous awards including Best Indian Restaurant in South East England by both the Asian Catering Federation and the British Curry Awards. Furthermore, we have constantly been selected as one of the top 200 Indian Restaurants within the entire United Kingdom.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I have been visiting this restaurant for almost 30 years - Tonight I picked my takeaway up having ridden my bike to the restaurant - the assistant manager thought I was a deliveroo rider - treated me like crap.

1  Thank hillwin613

Reviewed 29 March 2018

We were visiting Windsor for a long weekend as my partner had wanted to visit for some time. We wanted to try a local Indian restaurant and looked on line, choosing the Viceroy as being closest to what we wanted and not too far to walk. When we arrived we were seated fairly promptly and provided with menus. While we reviewed the menus we had drinks and popadoms. We had mixed starters, followed by chicken Shashlik and lamb Shashlik which we shared along with pilau rice and garlic Naan bread. The starters were excellent,the best mixed starters I've had and the mains were also delicious. The only slight criticism was the slowness when responding to requests for more drinks. Usually at our local Indians as you get near to the bottom of your drink the staff are at hand asking if you would like another. Here I had finished my first pint of Kingfisher and spent several minutes trying to attract the attention of a waiter. Overall a very good meal with comparable prices to over Indian restaurant in the centre of Windsor.

1  Thank Philip H
Reviewed 7 March 2018

Came in for a meal with my father on a bitterly cold night mid week. The restaurant was busy, warm and inviting.

The food is Ok and the prices reasonable. I feel that the negative reviews must have caught this place on a bad night. It has been around forever and is always packed which in a way speaks for itself. It won't be winning awards but is perfectly acceptable.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

We came here on a Saturday evening and it was very busy. Service was a bit confused because we seemed get the chutney tray as soon as we sat down and so we asked if we could have some poppadoms to go with it which duly arrived. Some time later we asked if we could see some menus which also then turned up promptly. The food was fairly standard Indian cuisine and the portions we had were plenty. They were obviously keen for us to leave as we got the bill without us asking for it.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

In short, we went here as we were desperate to find a good Indian restaurant after Zaman in Datchet had recently closed and wanted to do something different from Three Tuns in Slough. Probably two of the best Indian places in the Slough and Windsor area.

The sheik kebab I had was poor. It was limp, tasteless and under seasoned.

But that was not the biggest issue we had with Viceroy. Soon as I tasted the kebab I knew this was going to be a poor Indian restaurant.

For the main, we asked for a vegetarian Masala sauce with extra sauce. When it came out my wife and I had a few spoons each and decided it was not to our taste. It was watery, acidic and full of tomato purée. However we did not complain or make a fuss and just left it, we had already decided this was not a great place to eat and it was our fault for choosing it.

When one of the main bosses came to collect out plates he asked us how the food was and why we had not eaten the main dish. Please remember, he asked us we didn’t complain. When we told him the issue with the dish he basically accused us of lying. He told us if we did not like it we should have complained at the time! I told him I am not complaining you asked for my opinion and i am giving it to you. He basically told us that we were lying and grabbed the food in a hurry! He basically caused a scene where the two tables either side of us heard and were also shocked by his attitude. The good things about this episode the 2 couples either side agreed with us that the food they had was very poor and actually advised us of some good restaurants in Maindehead.

In short, why ask us for a views if you don’t respect them. I did not complain and did ask for any money off. I am glad your rudeness and unprofessional behaviour was witnessed by other diners who sympathised with us. They also regretted visiting your place and told us this was the first time they had returned after a while.

You guys should be emabarrsed.