“Fabulous! Awesome! Unbelievable!”

Macdonald Windsor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Windsor
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Wish I could grant this hotel 10 stars. Love everything. wonderful location! Immaculate room! Fantastic huge shower! Wish the interior decorator would visit my home! Just love this gem! Can't go wrong....not one thing I would change! Staying 6 nights!! Love it!! Don't think twice! Book it!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Jules726
GM_Windsor, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Dear Jules726,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit such a glowing review following your stay at the Macdonald Windsor Hotel.

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay with us, in particular your bedroom, the shower and decor. We appreciate such a helpful review.

I will be delighted to share your feedback with the team as I know they will be encouraged by it.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Macdonald Windsor Hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 16 March 2012

We stayed one night last weekend and found the hotel to be really very pleasant. Excellent staff and superb location with valet parking, but make sure you book your space. The room was well fitted and we had a bath which was deep and quick to run, bliss! Slight snag on breakfast that was cold, but the general manager responded immediately to my comments and we shall visit again, very soon.

Dear Wai Man C,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit such a helpful review following your stay at the Macdonald Windsor Hotel.

Your feedback has been shared with the team as I know they will be encouraged by it; I have also passed on your comments regarding the breakfast to our Breakfast Chef to ensure that any similar disappointment could not reoccur in the future.

Reviewed 16 March 2012

My husband and I stayed in March 2012 for a weekend to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We stayed in a classic double room and although it was facing the back of the hotel the room was clean and very comfortable with everything one would expect from a 4 star hotel. We were treated exceptionally well by the staff we met. We ate dinner on one of the evenings and the food and presentation was 1st class. Breakfast was very good with a huge buffet selection and the cooked breakfast was to order rather than on hot plates. A wonderful stay and we would definitely consider re-visiting and recommend. A great location in the heart of the town.

3  Thank chris f

Dear chris f,

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay with us, in particular your bedroom, the food you experienced at dinner and breakfast, and the service you received from the team. We appreciate such a helpful review.

Reviewed 13 March 2012

Stayed at this hotel on Sat 10 March. Rooms are very comfortable and well appointed. We stayed in a std double. Whilst the room was at the back of the hotel and the view was not great the room itself was excellent. We stayed on the B & B deal and the breakfast was nice. The main part was cooked fresh to order rather than being kept hot under the lamps you sometimes get. Staff were very friendly and attentive. Just one word of caution. Parking overnight is very expensive. We were lucky that our son lives in Windsor so we could leave the car at his place. Hotel is right next to the castle and extremely well placed for all the sights.

Room Tip: All rooms are great though view at the back are not up to much
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Lesz,

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay with us, in particular the food you experienced in the restaurant and the service you received from the team.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

My wife and I stayed here for one night. We treated ourselves and stayed in the 'feature suite' which was lovely. We even got to watch the changing of the guard from our private balcony - with lovely view of the castle. The hotel couldn't be better located and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We mentioned at check-in that it was my wife's birthday and the staff very kindly wrote a lovely card and delviered two cakes to the room. Breakfast was gorgeous! Thank you.

Room Tip: Go for the feature suite!
1  Thank Shrimps_9

Dear Shrimps_9,

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay with us, in particular your suite and the service you received from the team. We appreciate such a helpful review.