“Not organized at all!!!!”
Review of Windsor Castle

Windsor Castle
Ranked #1 of 36 things to do in Windsor
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Windsor Castle is the oldest and largest occupied castle in the world and offers an extraordinarily rich and varied day out. Throughout its history, the Castle has been redecorated, enlarged and rebuilt. Today The Queen spends most of her private weekends at the Castle, which is also used regularly for ceremonial and State occasions.
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Definitely a very interesting place and nice , but not organized at all. I had the London pass and it was impossible to understand the right queue . Every guard said a different information , so a big waiting time without information with few people to ask for support .

4  Thank Pina19661
Write a ReviewReviews (11,537)
All reviews
in 1,395 reviews
"dollhouse"
in 236 reviews

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

The queue system at Windsor Castle is an enormous pain and the worst aspect of all my times in London. It puts the country, city and the establishment to shame as it starts off the entire Windsor Castle experience as a frustrating, badly organized, unfair and old-fashioned process. ACCEPT MOBILE TICKETS. Please update yourselves on how the world works in 2018. I will be writing bad reviews and will be strongly advising others not to go here until this issue has been resolved.
Good luck on bringing Windsor Castle to the age of technology.

3  Thank rhansort
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Don’t miss it!! We did the audio tour and it was amazing. I had no idea it had so much inside. So much history. Loved it thoroughly and the staff is so kind and wonderful. We bought our tickets straight from all the sites. It was very affordable and you really don’t need to hire some expensive guide or an expensive tour to do these things. I think tours and groups and guides can eat up too much of your time and money. I went here, Tower of London, Hampton Court and Windsor castle. Bought ticket and guide from the places direct and printed all my tickets online. We had no waits in any lines anywhere. It was a great experience. I used the tube and a couple of buses easily. Everyone in London offers to help you with your luggage or directions even on trains and tube. Very impressed with this country and it’s people. Use the shuttle between here and Hampton Court and see both!!!!! It’s here on trip advisor. You can book it and it’s easy to get to and worth the small price. You can’t miss Windsor castle. We ate dinner afterward across the street. It was great. Love the atmosphere of Windsor. Don’t miss the doll house!!

1  Thank Kristina M
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

The highlight of the visit are the Apartments. We did go through Doll House display as the line wasn’t long, albeit i didn’t find it very interesting. We went late in day so it wasn’t crowed. Got a great tourist picture of my daughter with one of the palace guards. Wonderful place to just wonder around within the grounds as well.
Being an American, the British history mostly goes right over my head, but still enjoyed the visit.
Somewhat expensive but a must see if in Windsor.

3  Thank Not-too-picky-in-CT