“Shut awat”

Ranked #5 of 41 Restaurants in Broadway
Price range: US$21 - US$37
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Relaxed, Stylish Dining Room serving modern British food at lunch and dinner time using the best of local ingredients. With seven individually designed bedrooms within the same building. All with en-suite bathrooms, luxury bed linen and air conditioning. Flat screen televisions, broadband internet access and original architectural features all combine to create a supremely comfortable experience. A full English breakfast is included.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Having a positive and plesent booking on the phone we had high hopes but when we arrived we were shut in a small side room! Was this because we had a child?? It was 6.30pm! Every member of staff closed the door behind them until I complained! We felt unwanted. Food was good but had better the previous evening in a more welcoming setting

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I’ve been once before on Christmas Eve and I didn’t think it would be able to top my last meal, but it did. The scallops were cooked incredibly well and paired perfectly with ingredients not ‘generally’ paired. The lamb was delicious, but the banana soufflé was the best soufflé I’ve ever tasted, our entire table agreed and I would recommend to everyone.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

The food here is absolutely lovely and we had a fabulous night. Choice of wine was good and the menu gave lots of really good choice...seafood was the over riding highlight of the menu on our visit. The restaurant, though busy, seemed really quiet, with little buzz of conversation...I think we changed that, as we had a cracking time. The barman was friendly and jovial, but other than that the staff were really not that present. Ordering drinks and clearing of plates was a bit painfully slow to be honest, definitely not in keeping with the quality of the food. This was made all the more peculiar by the ever present owner at the end of the bar on his reservations computer? All in all a great night, which could have been helped along by more engaging service..

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Visited early Thursday evening of Cheltenham Festival. Small restaurant.
I had a rather cramped table next to toilets and kitchen, which wasn’t ideal. However, plentiful choice of very good local food, albeit not exceptional for the pricing point, and portions a little small. An excellent wine list. Service mixed, but it was Festival time, so all forgiven! I’d go back but wouldn’t rush back.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Staff in the restaurant are very attentive very good wine list and food was very nice.We had the scallops to start they were nice but I have had better my main was the pork and my husband had the wild mallard duck both dishes were nice enjoyable evening.