“Easter Meeting”
Review of The Indian Heron

The Indian Heron
Ranked #2 of 105 Restaurants in Malvern
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Going on a locals recommendation at the local pub, I decided to book a table of 6 at 6:30 on a Saturday.

Upon arriving, I was surprised to see the restaurant fully seated so early on.

We all concluded on the table how amazing the food and the service was and it was nice to see a different variety of Indian food. We all agreed it was worth the wait and not your typical dish dash dining and more fine dining. I must say it’s nice to see traditional desserts and not pre fab desserts in pots that you would find in most Indian restaurants.

All in all a great business meeting with good selection of wines, lovely food and great service.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Had our first takeaway from here this weekend. Was absolutely fantastic, and I seem to review Indian restaurants more than any other. Great meal.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

This was my third visit to the Indian heron and once again, the food was stunning. Fresh, exotic tastes, piping hot and plenty of it.

This was a Saturday night and very busy in the restaurant, although the food was excellent, the organisation was not which is why I have dropped a mark from 5 to 4. We were sat down at our table but then waited and waited until we had to call a server over to take our drinks order after about 15 minutes. We weren’t even given menus but had to borrow them off the next table.

One of the waiters in particular needs some training or moving out of a customer facing role, he was not happy. Impatiently taking our food order (eventually) and dropping plates onto our table. Not pleasant.

We always understood that the Indian heron is not a fast food joint so was expecting a wait. The owner has explained this before on previous visits. We did see another table get up and leave as they had been waiting so long, pity they will have missed the best Indian food in the area but understandable if their expectations had not been managed.

We will return but we won’t be regulars, you will need at least 2 hours to eat here.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

The best curry I’ve had.
They want 100 words. That’s like lines at school!

2  Thank Michael P P
Reviewed 25 March 2018

I eat out a lot! I eat Indian food a lot. Malvern is spoilt for choice for fantastic Indian restaurants and I'm a regular at Vasai, Zam Zam, Flute, Anupam etc. This restaurant came highly recommended so I checked the reviews (mostly stunning) and agreed to have dinner with my family and friends Saturday pm 6 45 pm.

This is the number two restaurant in Malvern and the number one Indian. We arrived with high hopes. I liked the décor of the restaurant....very plain, calm and sophisticated. I liked the fact that the owner is clearly passionate about what he's trying to achieve....fresh cooked....great ingredients....changing the small menu frequently. We liked him coming over to the table and talking to us although he is VERY serious. What confused me was the food! I even phoned around my friends tonight to ask for their opinion and a mark out of ten. I NEVER do this but I want to be fair to the concept of this restaurant. We were a mix of vegetarians/pescetarians and carnivores. Nothing is a problem here. All are catered for and offered a charming amuse bouche before the main course. I like sea food and I appreciated being steered away from the prawn dish as it included coconut so would be too sweet for me, however the salmon I ended up with wasn't recognisable as salmon. It looked like a few veggie patties from Lidl...seriously! ((I give this dish 4/10) My fussy teenage daughter didn't like her paneer dish but at least she tried it 4/10. My foodie husband chose the quail. He said it was over cooked and gave it 7/10. My friends fared better. The vegetarian chose the spinach and chick peas and gave it 10/10 and her husband had the tandoori nam chicken which he rated 10/10.

Although the service was attentive and immediate what I feel is lacking right now in this restaurant is charm. The owner is clearly very much in control but the plethora of young boys haven't got a clue. They didn't know what we had ordered and when the food arrived they didn't know where to place it. Not their fault! My advice to this restaurant is to hire fewer boys and hire a good looking host with a wonderful smile, wit and chat. The English like to be welcomed, entertained, remembered and are warm to great servers. Two of you could probably rock this small restaurant.