“Excellent vegetarian cafe”

The Karmic Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 17 September 2015

Vegetarian cafe hiding on the first floor of the market hall in the centre of Worcester, totally unexpected place for it. The food was excellent; we were there for lunch and had a delicious veggie shepherd's pie. However very slightly marred by the attitude of the staff. I asked for a diet coke, and was told they didn't have them and..."we don't recommend artificial sweeteners to anyone". It was said politely, and I wasn't offended. However, it's not really appropriate to tell your customers what they should or shouldn't drink! A simple.. "we don't have it, sorry" would have been fine. Hence my only giving them 4 stars instead of 5.

1  Thank Helen K

Reviewed 9 September 2015

I always come here for lunch whenever I'm in the area - a fantastic range of vegetarian and vegan lunchtime options, all very good value for money. Great view of the street below and service is nice and quick.

Reviewed 28 August 2015 via mobile

The magnificent view of the shops and streets and observing makes Karmic Cafe an ideal place for a friendly chat,a teatime treat or a scrumptious lunch.Their fresh meals are yummy and presented well . I love their jacket potatoes with two delicious fillings and a freshly made salad.Great place for vegetarians,vegans and even non vegetarians . Very friendly atmosphere with all their sociable and helpful youth.Many places to window shop or to buy . Scott,a very friendly and sociable person at counter,always ever so welcoming.A big thank you to their staff.

Reviewed 26 August 2015

Found the guy behind the counter really abrupt and unwelcoming. I keep forgetting that vegetarian doesn't necessarily mean healthy. What looked like lovely scones were ruined by being put in the modern day poisoner - the microwave. I didn't want my scone warm, I wasn't asked if I wanted it warm and was treated with rudeness when politely asking for a cold scone. Why would you put a cold cake into a microwave for Gods sake. At least advertise the fact that that is what is going to happen and given a choice to say no. Food regs becoming more strict with needing to know contents etc I think they should go further and inform cooking methods or choice thereof too.

Reviewed 26 August 2015

Always happy to eat here and not have to worry about the food because it's all veggie/vegan which is a relief. The food is freshly prepared and always prompt and well presented and is Such great value. Reccommend highly .