“The Postal Order”

Ranked #76 of 376 Restaurants in Worcester
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: A popular JD wetherspoon pub in the Heart of Worcester City centre. we aim to always have at least 8 cask ales on sale as part of our unsurpassed selection of regular and craft products. Food is served from 8am until 11pm, with a breakfast menu until 12noon and a full menu all day
Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

I was I'm there for the first time recently and it's brilliant! Their vegetarian Wellington with peas and chips was scummy. Good service and reasonable Prices. Place is clean and tidy.

Postal O, Shift Leader at The Postal Order, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Hi

Thanks for your great comments.

Sadly the Vegetarian Wellington has come off of our summer menu, but we have an increased range of Vegetarian options for you to try on your next visit.

Reviewed 5 March 2017

I couldn't even begin to imagine how many different Weatherspoons pubs i have been in in my life, not to mention how many i have eaten breakfast in. I'd give the majority a 3 stars. Some less, but that would be quite rare. They are consistent pretty much across the board and you certainly get your moneys worth. The Posty is the best though. The staff are all great and generally always have been for the past 15 years that i have been going there, the food has always been consistent and lets face it, its cheap as hell. Another plus is the fact that they have a smoking area. Its tiny but a lot of Weatherspoons don't.

Hi

Thanks for your comments. We think our staff are a great bunch, and I'm glad you like them too.

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Didn't have enough time for any food, but what I saw looked exactly like all the usual Witherspoon food. So, plenty of it and good value.
They don't try to do fine dining.
All the leading beers at great prices, so if you just want something to eat and drink, you can't go wrong.

Hi

Thanks for your comments. I'm glad you enjoy our range of beers. We like to think we keep them well.

Hopefully next time you'll get to try some of the food too. There were some excellent new additions to the menu in March. I'm a big fan of the Bombay Dog!

Thanks

Reviewed 7 February 2017

It is instructive and mildly entertaining at times to visit various Wetherspoons in different cities, see how they differ, return another year and note any changes.The Postal Order is still providing decent food and drink at reasonable prices in fairly acceptable surroundings - though one would never guess from the Decor that these premises were once the splendid main City General Post Office - and it is all lloking rather tired and frayed at the edges.
The daily Specials - Time and Date specific - such as a range of Curries on Thursdays and traditional Fish & Chips on Fridays remain good value for money.
The Managemen appear to have addressed some inherent problems with good effect: the long term internees who raucously took over the long comfortable bench seat under the main side window have been thinned and no longer crowd out those who would like the chance for relaxed quietish meal and drink and the smokers who occupied and propped open the front doors so their smoke blew in.have been corraled to the front and side of the building. I think perhaps the management has now considered the place and detrimental effect of these sots, and well done The Management.
We visited and were pleased with the cchange in ambience midday Thursday 29th September.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

We called in to have a coffee before going to the cinema because the only cafe open in area at this time of evening is a costa, a chain which I try not to go in. We had a cappuccino each which was a very good hot cup of coffee for a very reasonable price. It's just a shame it always takes ages to get served.

Hi

Thanks for your comments, and I'm pleased that you enjoy your evening coffees with us.

I am sorry that you have found it takes a while to get served. We are always aiming to improve in this area, and I hope you find an improvement on your next visit.