“Chicken skewers”

Ranked #23 of 359 Restaurants in Worcester
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Bill's Worcester On a busy thoroughfare in the middle of the town, Bill's Worcester restaurant has plenty of seating inside as well as a sunny outdoor seating area. Quirky in style and shape, it's a mix of quiet seating booths and bigger tables for sharing.
Reviewed 19 February 2016

Good food, pleasant staff and good value. Popular with locals and found staff very attentive. Asked for split bill and this was dealt with easily!

Reviewed 18 February 2016

I don't usually return to a venue to write a second revue but we have had such excellent service here week after week I felt I really should write a comment about this place again. At last we have found an eatery in Worcester where we can enjoy a relaxed late breakfast before doing our weekly shopping expedition in the city. All the staff are equally as professional and friendly as they were on my first visit last year. Charlotte usually serves us and she is so good at her job. No matter how busy ( and it always seems to have a good amount of clientele) she finds time to chat and make us feel really welcome and appreciated. The food and coffee are consistently good and I particularly like the way you are served a variety of three jars of their own conserves, not the small rectangular plastic containers with one teaspoon of jam in,that seem to be the norm nowadays in so many cafés and restaurants. So you can see why this place, for us, really does fit the 'Bill'!

Reviewed 18 February 2016

The service was friendly, the décor is great and the food is good enough: but I won't be back.

Friendly service didn't make for efficient service (I can live with that), but I was left seriously underwhelmed- especially for the outlay. The starter sausages were somewhat dull, the duck pie was (well it's not a pie) fairly tasteless- it needs a richer sauce and less padding out to make up for lack of meat (done by the pearl barley), the price anchored brownie was tasty but underwhelming. The small charges really start to add up and it grates a bit: charging to add vegetables to your main course in a casual dining restaurant is something of a liberty (most Michelin starred places don't do that)- and the staff are well briefed to upsell this. I came out for a three course meal and had it but was left gobsmacked by the bill (no pun intended), not least because a wopping £9 tip had been added on my behalf!! The waitress did ask if I was happy to pay the amount on there (like I said the service was friendly if inefficient- I shouldn't need to ask for a knife and fork to eat our mains and then receive them without an apology- it was actually greeted like he was doing me a favour): frankly I don't want to be the person who says in front of the waitress 'no you weren't worth the tip your company has forced you to add to my bill which you probably don't see all of anyway'.

And that's why I won't be back

Reviewed 18 February 2016

We have been to Bill's several times for breakfast and recently had supper there. Good quality food with a little something different from the everyday. Good value and efficient, friendly service. We'll be back!

Reviewed 18 February 2016

I've tried most of the breakfasts in Worcester and I have to admit that Bill's is, in my opinion the best all round experience, great food, great staff and a great shabby sheet atmosphere.