“Get there early for Sunday roast”

The Old Rectifying House
Ranked #22 of 383 Restaurants in Worcester
Price range: US$24 - US$48
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our food has seen us entered into The Michelin Guide and we like to think we've got the most imaginative food in the area. We cater to all appetites from a light snack through to a la carte and offer a tremendous drinks range. We have a lovely garden, separate cocktail bar and are tremendously kid-friendly also. We're an informal bunch so please don't stand on ceremony if you visit!
Reviewed 24 October 2016

We were a late booking, managing to get a table at just after 2pm, and we had the last available servings of the roast beef and roast pork. Testament, surely, to the quality of the food offered. Both came with nice Yorkies, cheesy broccoli, roast spuds and green veg. Puddings were decent too, although served on somewhat odd slate tiles that required all the waitress's fingernails to pick up afterwards. My step-son (a chef) was among our group and spoke highly of the food, so what better recommendation do you need....?

2  Thank TallTraveller274

Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

A little pretentious
Customers not allowed to have a menu until the kitchen was ready for us to order ! Unbelievable ! Then the staff member insisted on taking our card ( contactless ) ( btw) and holding it behind the bar which as we all know they are capable of taking a swipe copy of the card details without having to kidnap the card !! Now we did eat and it was amazing and delicious (expensive) (but nice ) but we did get the
Impression that they totally
believe their own hype . I'm all for confidence but arrogance is most unattractive

1  Thank gemma1980gh
Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

Gotta love this place. Food is superb, service second to none. We have eaten here on many an occasion, and can honestly say that we have never had an issue. The food is fantastic. Menu changes with good regularity, and is always interesting. The puds are amazing - taste fantastic, and a visual work of art. Staff are lovely and attentive, always friendly. Good selection of beers, wines and spirits. Lovely garden seating area for the warmer days, nice riverside location of you're out a-wandering. Best pub food in Worcester, in my opinion.. give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

3  Thank LolHarrison
Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

Food and drinks are ok but make sure you watch the candles. I went there on Valentine's Day and a waitress put a candle on the window sill right behind my head obviously I left the place very unhappy and the owner still wanted to charge me for the meal. Of course he didn't in the end but to me he was out of order so I never went back in that restaurant even though it used to be my local for a while.

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

Booked Saturday night - busy but not packed. Fantastic cocktail menu that lived up to their description- not the usual stuff but their own inventions. We were shown up to the cocktail bar and in a timely way our menus were delivered and orders taken. We were seated at a lovely window table and all tables had proper candles creating a lovely ambience. Food and drinks all delivered courteously and in a timely way..not once did we have to wait for anything or remind them of anything- quite uncommon these days! Please don't expect large portions- its ok with me as I prefer smaller meals but others might want more on their plate. Price is reasonable taking everything into account..we will definitely be returning here.

1  Thank Lorrainews6