All reviews sea front town centre minute walk from the train station gluten free sausages nice lounge castle ruins toilet and shower room shared toilet south promenade welsh hospitality tasty breakfast our night stay tea and coffee facilities stayed here for nights full welsh beds were very comfortable top floor
Reviewed 3 July 2018

A warm welcome, a clean and comfortable room, an excellent breakfast and well located for the sea front and the town's facilties. Short walk from rail station. Room 11 had a side view of the sea. Enjoyed a pre breakfast stroll to the harbour and marina. Hotel happy to keep my case to pick up later in the day.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I managed to book a 3 person family room, at the top of the guest house, only a few hours earlier, as a bit of an emergency last minute stay (basically we’d been spending a week in an isolated holiday cottage in South Wales but, with a night to go, we’d been inundated with bats getting into the property (and flying around the rooms). I have nothing against these beautiful little animals but I was spending many hours, through the night, trying to catch them in towels to evacuate them back outside and I couldn’t take it anymore! So we decided we needed to get out and to start heading north a day early!). So it was a relief to get a room booked anywhere. And what a bonus to find this guest house! It was an extremely well run, clean, welcoming, traditional guest house almost right on the sea front in Aberystwyth. The owner was so welcoming and our room (number 9) had a nice view of the sea and promenade. The double bed had a comfortable memory foam topper on the mattress and we had a great sleep. In the morning, the owner worked extremely hard and efficiently to serve the various elements of breakfast to us as well as attending to the many other guests. My wife can mainly only eat gluten-free food and she was given gluten-free cereals followed by gluten-free sausages with her cooked breakfast. It was brilliant to get that service considering we’d only just booked the room the day before. Just to digress a little, Aberystwyth is a lovely place. Until this visit, I knew where it was on a map but never thought I’d ever visit.... but it’s got lovely beaches almost right next to the town centre. The town itself has a lot of interesting shops and cafés too. The 28 degree heat and blue sky also helped! Thank you to the owner of Glyn Garth. A great stay for us at a very reasonable price! .... And not a bat to be seen anywhere!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Louis was an excellent host , very chatty , the room was super clean and tidy , bed was really comfortable and breakfast was top draw..
would defiantly stay again.
and would highly recommend staying here if you visit Aberystwyth

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2018

Good breakfast, comfortable bed, clean room, nice host, centrally located and good wifi. Television with a vast selection of channels. I really like this place and has not found any other in the same price range in Aber that matches it.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

The most comfortable hotel bed I have ever stayed in! Room had everything I needed and was spotlessly clean. Great value for money and great location. Manager was lovely. Highly recommend. I will be coming back here next year.

Stayed: June 2018