“Lovely meal on a Tuesday evening in half term.”
Review of Baravin

Baravin
Ranked #10 of 156 Restaurants in Aberystwyth
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 November 2017

Excellent food, friendly and attentive service without being any way over bearing, the music levels were just perfect ( ie you could hear yourself think and talk to your companion without shouting) and a most fabulous cocktail to start off the evening.

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Great food, great atmosphere. We stopped by on the off chance they could squeeze us in. The place was busy even quite early on a Friday night, so it’s obviously a well-liked restaurant.

We tried the 2 for £10 cocktail deal (the blackberry mojito is delicious), and I had the mushroom & chestnut risotto - one of the best risottos I’ve eaten for years (don’t tell my husband - he thinks his is), and my husband had the blue cheese pizza on a gluten free base, which he commented was one of the best pizzas he’d had for a long time.

I had the sticky toffee pudding to round off my meal, it was a bit blah and I wished I hadn’t bothered. Husband had the panna cotta and couldn’t stop smiling, he said it was fabulous.

The staff were very friendly and really helpful, and the food was brought out quickly and piping hot. I would definitely recommend this great place, which was also reasonably priced.

1  Thank Mrs_W_01032017
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Came here for evening meal, food was excellent with good service too. One of the best restaurants in Aber. Great choice of drinks to. Friendly and relaxed atmosphere too

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

I’ve visited 3 times in the last month, and every time I’m left feeling uncomfortable because the chefs couldn’t stop staring inappropriately and mock customers, especially young females. Wonderful food spoilt by disgusting behaviour, the waiters on the other hand were very polite and respectful. Wonderful dining experience ruined by pestering eyes from the chefs in the kitchen.

2  Thank ReneeRobs
Gareth E, Manager at Baravin, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Most concerned to read your comments. We take such matters very seriously. This should not happen again.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

We took our nephew here for a dinner treat. He is vegetarian but we are not. All of us enjoyed our starters and mains. A fairly limited menu (which is not necessarily a bad thing). Generous portions.

1  Thank old_poundbury