“Superb gammon was very surprised ”
Review of The Starling Cloud

The Starling Cloud
Ranked #56 of 158 Restaurants in Aberystwyth
Cuisines: British, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to one of marston's newly built pubs. The Starling Cloud in Aberystwyth is on the main road into the historic town. It's close to the train station which is only a ten minute walk away, and a short stroll from the main promenade and land mark pier. Enjoy our fantastic rotisserie cooked chicken and our other tasty options - children can also enjoy our great kids menu. We offer our famous hand pull bitters alongside a wide range of draught ales and drinks. We have an indoor children's play area so parents can dine and watch their children having fun.With a secure outside child's play area, ample outdoor seating and Large car park we welcome customers to enjoy what we have to offer. Alongside of this, we have a 27 room lodge, from family rooms, doubles and ground floor accessible rooms. Whether you are on your holidays, visiting family, at the university or on business, the Starling Cloud is for you! Free wifi is always available so why not come along and visit.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We eat here on Easter Saturday afternoon. The place was busy, and the staff seemed to be overworked. We were told that there was a 45 minute wait for food. We weren’t in a rush, so we decided to stay. We just about managed to find a table.
The young guy who served us was very polite, to his credit, a rarity I find these days. There were, however a couple of niggles with the order. One of the drinks a lime and soda water came to us as a glass of soda, and a glass of tap water. This was rectified by the server. My partner wasn’t asked which sauce she required on the two way burger, and my Mom asked for the light bite steak and ale pie, but received, and was charged for the full meal.
Because the pub was busy and the young server was so polite, we didn’t say anything about this. Although some of my fries were slightly over cooked, I was allowed an extra egg, instead of the pineapple, which suited me. The gammon was superb, the best I have tasted in as long as I can remember. It cut so easily, and was tasty and juicy, with not one bit of gristle. I was very surprised.
The other two meals we had were more than adequate as pub food. All in all, very good. Would’ve been a 5 star review, if I was just rating the gammon.

Danielle W, Owner at The Starling Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your great feedback! We are glad to see that aside from the few niggles, you enjoyed your meals. I will pass this on to our team so we can praise your server! We hope to see you again in the near future.
Kind regards

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great value for money and excellent location and staff very informative and friendly.
Honest, good - and will return very soon!

Thank you for your great feedback! We are glad to see you enjoyed your time with us at the Starling Cloud and hope to see you again soon.
Kind regards.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Came here for a quick meal as have done previously. We waiting a bit to ask for a table for two, were told to take a seat anywhere and order at the car, no problem. All the tables had dirty glasses on though, no problem. Went to order our food and drinks (while going through our order, bar man was yawning) and I requested someone clear the table - man behind the bar replied with “uh, we’re a bit busy at the moment, I’ll try and sort something out” (in a very annoyed tone).
5 mins later he comes to clear the table, cleared the wrong table. Table was never cleaned.
My steak was the toughest steak I’ve had in my life, but no one came to check if our food was okay. Not one for complaints, my partner requested I not say anything as to not create a scene.
Shame really. Probably won’t come again if cleaning a table is too much for the staff, especially for that one in particular, who clearly didn’t want to be in work. Bad front of house staff is so offputting!!

Danielle W, Owner at The Starling Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2018

Thank you for you feedback! I’m sorry we were unable to resolve this at the time of visiting! I will share your comments with our team so we are able to focus on these areas in order to improve our quality of service. Should you wish to discuss your visit further do not hesitate to contact us on 01970 623743.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Had a family meal here on a sunday night, food was lovely pub food. Plenty of it and very tasty and hot. Service was really good and friendly too. Had previously (2014) left a bad review, but my Daughter loves starling cloud, so we gave it another chance and on two visits, we've had lovely food.

Danielle W, Owner at The Starling Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad to see that you had a great time with us at The Starling Cloud and that you have found improvement in us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Kind regards.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Me and my husband come here regular and we have been very impressed we have also been with family few times only twice we haven't been happy but since they've got new cook I beleive it has been much better the food has been lovely the last time we went was when my husband and his family went for a meal there with my little one to celebrate my little one being born he was only couple weeks old at the time the staff was lovely and very helpful and kind and the service was grate the food was amazeing can't complain the only down side was I asked for a well done steak and I had medium rare but it was quite nice anyway so no complaints really me and my husband will come here again and my family also my brother recently got married and my family were happy with there stay and with the food there to. :)

Danielle W, Owner at The Starling Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to see that you have enjoyed your time with us at The Starling Cloud. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Kind regards