“Very nice food, and quirky place”

The Art Shop & Chapel
Ranked #25 of 110 Restaurants in Abergavenny
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Food good, and changes regularly which is nice. They serve home made cordial but it's difficult to see the choices so a table menu would be a nice addition.

Been here quite a bit, waiters are hit and miss in attitude which is the only thing that lets this place down.

It's not terribly access friendly, they do have a disabled lift but it is awkward to get into the restaurant as tables had to be moved (obviously not by us) but it did make us feel uncomfortable on one occasion but once in there is aways lots of lovely art to view, and has a great ambience but staff smiling. and volunteering information a little more, it would be so much better.

3  Thank Cornishpixie1

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Friendly, relaxed, comfortable and excellent food. It was so good that we ate here twice over the weekend. First time we had sausage sandwiches on sourdough; second time was grilled portobello mushrooms with halloumi, and avocado and goats cheese on toast with wonderful carrot and sweet potato fritters with a pesto flavoured sour cream dip.
Lovely bookshop and a beautiful stock of pottery to buy as well. Looking forward to going back.

3  Thank galloping_grannie
Reviewed 9 March 2018

I’m a coffee snob. I don’t like the tasteless milky soup served up in most chain coffee shops. I need a proper caffeine hit. I need the flavour, the strength, the real stuff. I like it so strong I rarely have more than one cup a day. But today I broke that rule. There’s nowhere I know in Wales or in the west of England that does better coffee than here. Maybe one or two places in Edinburgh come close. The two cups of flat white I were almost perfect. No, they were perfect. Works of art. Lovely place, too.

2  Thank king-nowhere
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Reasonable prices for good, healthy food. Lovely coffee & cakes. Quiet outdoor space with small trees & plants giving a peaceful atmosphere.

3  Thank CaHandley
Reviewed 2 February 2018

I have been meaning to write a review for ages! Went there in August last year and was so happy to have found it. The breakfast is amazing and I just couldn't decide what I wanted so I went there two days in a row. The loveliest staff ever (after a horrible head to head with the owner of the Bridge in Crickhowell). Fresh, inspired and delicious food and drink. Would travel the 3 hours again just to eat here.

5  Thank Watsonel86