The Hand Hotel(Llangollen)
The Mulberry Inn(Llangollen)
Llangollen Hostel(Llangollen)
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsllangollen canalwedding receptionlarge car parkbar mealslovely hotelwedding partyevening meallambbeautiful surroundingswould stay againa bit tiredbooked this hotelnew ownerspontcysyllte aqueductnorth walesbed and breakfastlog fire
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Just had our wedding reception here at the Bryn Howel Hotel. From start to finish Lorraine the manager has been great. Red carpet was rolled out and a glass of fizz awaiting when we returned from our reception, and everyone was looked after very well.

Thank you again for making our day so special.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

The hotel on the outside looks ok apart from the dumped car in the car park ! It's ok on the inside however our room was filthy, the shower was disgraceful and the toilet floor was clearly not clean. I also pick up a cushion to move the neat display of pillows to find it had a suspect stain ? Well I say stain it looked more like sick residue. As you know I rate on price as you get what you pay for in life however this room was 120.00 for one night and in rural Wales. I was concerned on arrival as the MSP were playing 2 miles away and the place was empty. No stars here.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mark E
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Lovely spacious hotel, lovely food, great meeting rooms for business and training, and reliable well trained staff. Regular venue for Simply The Best training for farming connect. Highly recommend, and so scenic.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2017

Returned again this time for 2 nights.However after seeing previous bad reviews ,I nearly changed my mind but I am glad I didn't as everything was as before,hence the return stay.Yes the hotel does need a little tlc in certain areas but I experienced a good room,good food and all staff eager to help and assist,albeit some staff are learning their trade,as we all have to,so a little give and take is appropriate and encouragment is required.I understand the sale of the hotel is imminent and the new owner should build on its' reputation and provide what I believe is a unique hotel with ambiance and a spectacular location.Will still recommend to family/friends and will have no hesitation in returning in the future.The new owners should be grateful they have staff who are a credit to them performing their duties whilst having uncertainty over their future.Please do not be put off and experience it for yourself.

Room Tip: Room overlooking canal or gardens
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

I had stayed at this hotel several times previously, all be it some time ago. Before booking I checked trip advisor to check current status.....

It sounded like a mess! Bad this bad that, poor food, cold water, curtains were dirty.... etc etc

The main reason I wanted to ignore the poor reports was that the scenery here is fantastic and it is on the canal. Fingers crossed, I went for it.....

Welcome - good
Room - clean, good size - good.
Staff - helpful friendly - good
Food - well cooked - good. I particularly liked the goats cheese with walnuts - good

The scenery for breakfast - fantastic

Seriously, if you want a five star Dubai experience and you want to complain if it's not that..... don't stay here.

If you want a good value hotel, friendly staff, nice food, fantastic surroundings.....this is a good option.

In summary (good, good, good, good and good)

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business