All reviews overlooking the river queen victoria lovely old hotel bit dated breakfast staff old building central location the hotel car park high street full english double room piping hot staff were pleasant would stay again river dee breakfast was excellent one night stay
Reviewed 1 February 2018

The new owners of this hotel couldn't be more accommodating to our needs. All our party had a fabulous stay, with a fantastic cooked breakfast each morning. We would highly recommend this hotel. The location is brilliant and our roon over looked the roaring river Dee. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: 205 twin room with river view. Lovely and quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank l0l1966
Ramez1983, Manager at Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Hello there,

Thanking you very kindly for your nice words.Just a polite correction there are no new owners, we are the same management that have been here since 16 years : )) . We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that everything turned out excellent for you and the party .We very much look forward to welcoming you all back in the not so distant future. Take care all, ramez

Reviewed 27 January 2018

This hotel is simple, but very comfortable.
The rooms are spacious, nice and helpful staff. The decking area is beautiful!
The only negative aspect is the shower, but overall, this is a great place to stay while visiting Llangollen.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

We have often driven through Llangollen on the way to Snowdonia but this was our first time staying. It is a beautiful little place.

We only stayed one night in the hotel, it is generally very nice. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, certainly the chap serving breakfast couldn't have been more helpful and welcoming.. And the breakfast was good.

My only complaint was the bathroom fan would rattle for ages after the light was turned off.. Other than that very nice.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2018

My partner booked this as a surprise for my birthday and it was just perfect! We stayed in room 209 which has a big bay window that overlooks the river and the bridge...stunning. I think I lay awake most of the night because I didn't want to miss a minute! Breakfast was fabulous - served on VERY hot plates! The hotel is run by a lovely family and nothing was too much trouble. Cant wait to return!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank louroberts2018
Reviewed 5 January 2018

We were treated to one of the best nights stay we've ever had , my request for a river view was met, Albert and his family were very warm and friendly as was the room , very hot radiator! , they recommended the cornmill restaurant for are evening meal which was again first class, a very comfortable nights sleep was had , helped by the soothing sound of the river .Breakfast in the morning was first class , a full selection of dietary needs , I chose the full English , served on a red hot place !, my partner and I had a thoroughly enjoyable stay and will return , thank you .

Room Tip: River view
Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple