“Great little cafe!”

Feline Good Cat Cafe
Ranked #20 of 92 Coffee & Tea in Cardiff
Price range: US$14 - US$24
Description: Feline Good is a tearoom in Cardiff, South Wales and a home for up to twelve rescue cats at a time. We raise the profile of rescue cats in Wales and offer a home-from-home for cat lovers. Please note that like every other cat cafe in the UK, all bookings are subject to our conditions of entry, house rules and a welfare charge. These can be found on our website.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have been meaning to leave a review for Feline Good for a while now, as I have visited four times since they opened last year. Each time has been a really enjoyable experience.

On the most recent occasion I visited with my mother who has some long term health conditions that affect her mobility. I asked when booking if I could reserve one of the lower tables with softer seats that she finds easier to use, and the staff were very accommodating and saved one of these table for us.

Parking was easy and convenient, there are spaces in front of the cafe. Only on one occasion I couldn’t find a space straight away - on a weekday - but circled around again and found one shortly after. I believe there is also extra parking available at the back of the cafe at weekends.

The staff are always very friendly, polite and are great with the cats, always happy to answer questions and are a real credit to the cafe.

Food is great, (a simple but tasty selection of sandwiches, cakes etc) arrives quickly and tastes good. My mum and I are both vegetarian, and both thought it was nice that there were multiple veggie options, as well as vegan. I had the veggie platter on my most recent visit which was lovely, (consisted of cheeses, biscuits, salad, houmous etc) and the cakes are also delicious and generously sized. Really enjoyed the carrot cake. They also have scones and milkshakes, hot drinks and other treats. All very reasonably priced, and you pay £5 per person to enter, which goes towards care of the cats.

The cats are friendly, inquisitive and clearly well looked after, all with distinct personalities! They are often quite interested in what you are eating and will jump up for a closer inspection, which is part of the fun of course. (Watch out for the kitten Bill, he’s small and fast and persistent!) They may also curl up next to you for a nap - I was lucky enough to share my chair with kitten Ringo for a good part of my last visit - or run on their giant wheel at treat times. I feel that the number of cats is just right - the cafe is fairly small and cosy and the cats all seem to get on with each other and importantly, can have their own space if they need it without being overcrowded. They all seem very happy. You can encourage them to interact with you as there are lots of cat toys dotted around the place, and they will go from table to table to see whats happening and make themselves known (and enquire about your lunch).

Would totally recommend if you are a cat-lover looking for a nice relaxed lunch in a friendly environment. Looking forward to visiting again in the summer when I am back in Cardiff.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Feline Good is the third cat cafe I've visited and it really lived up to expectation - the cats were very well cared for and looked after. The staff were friendly and helpful, the food was delicious (and they were very happy to cater to dietary requirements) and all in all it was a wonderful experience. Will definitely visit again!

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Second visit to this lovely cafe, today was a birthday treat.
Kitties were all having a snooze when we arrived, but eventually started to stir, and introduce themselves to guests. New kittens absolutely gorgeous, soooo cute, but all the cats are very cute and very well behaved.
We had deli platter and earl grey tea, scrumptious, and Ringo was very inquisitive as to what we were eating, but just distract him and give a fuss and he's fine, and the staff are always on food steal alert.
Cafe is also also spotless clean, staff are very welcoming too, and very dedicated to the well being of all the kitties, doing a grand job!!
Do miss Marshall though, as he is a real character, but he's gone on to greater fame as a therapy cat, and seems to be doing very well in his new home, loved Marshalls book, was a nice surprise too to see my friend Pam on the second page with a picture of the said kitties.
So good time all round and I'm sure we will be back.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

We turned up 20 minutes early but didn't have to wait. The staff are very attentive, constantly multitasking by looking after the cats and the customers. Prices are pretty standard for an afternoon tea. There's a £5 charge per person for the cats' welfare but we were more than happy to pay for that. All the customers had smiles on their faces and the atmosphere is cosy.

Unfortunately, it's not the easiest place to park, but if you go on the weekend, parking is free. We left the car there all day after visiting the cafe without a problem. I'd recommend getting there by bus and downloading the Cardiff Bus phone app as there's a bus stop just outside with busses every few minutes.

I recommend taking some alcohol rub for hygiene reasons between eating and paying attention to the cats. Oh, and watch out for Bill, the little ginger kitten. He will climb up your leg and onto the table!

Looking for an excuse to go back again.

FelineGood2017, Owner at Feline Good Cat Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Thank you so much for your visiting and for taking the time to support us online with a TripAdvisor review, John! We're so pleased you enjoyed yourselves. I have fed your lovely comments about the service on to our team, and just for future reference I've asked the team to make sure the multiple bottles of hand sanitiser dotted around the cafe are a bit more prominent - sometimes on a busy weekend like Mother's Day they can get left in odd locations as people pick them up and put them down etc!

Team Feline Good :)

Reviewed 17 March 2018

We visited on a Saturday morning- we found the place easy enough and were greeted straight away by the cats plus James! James was a delight- friendly, informative and cheery throughout the whole of our visit. The cats are an absolute joy and we really enjoyed playing with the kittens and seeing them larking about. All the cats are just gorgeous, so friendly, playful and very well looked after- they were immaculate- their coats were so soft and shiny.

We ordered some hot drinks (2 x coffees) and 2 x cheese toasties which all arrived promptly- James was over straight away after we finished to take the plates so Winston and Co could not steal any crumbs- though he did try!

All in all I thoroughly enjoyed our visit, I would recommend and hope to be back again another time.

FelineGood2017, Manager at Feline Good Cat Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Thank you for your visit, oldgregg1981 and for taking the time to support us with a review! I have passed your very kind feedback onto James, he works incredibly hard and we're very lucky to have him. I'm so pleased you could see how well cared-for and loved our kitties are, too. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Team Feline Good :)