“Not quite as good as original”
Review of Milk & Sugar

Milk & Sugar
Ranked #345 of 1,326 Restaurants in Cardiff
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Frequently use sister restaurant in St Andrews Square which is fabulous.
Not quite so fussed on Old Library site. Staff are lovely but premises too big and impersonal. Menu seems so much more limited than the other venue which is disappointing. Last few weeks no lift access for disabled which has prevented us from using it as we need wheelchair access for one member of our party.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve been visiting since opening and the cafe keeps improving.
The menu has a combination of regular items and specials, the service is always very polite and friendly and offers good value.
The food quality is excellent - good sized positions, fresh ingredients and well cooked.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My first stop here for lunch, and was surprised at how busy it was. There were plenty of babies and young children, but it wasn’t too noisy and the kids were busy playing in the kids corner and generally well behaved. The salad I ordered was delicious! Definitely will be back!

Reviewed 26 February 2018

Stumbled across this lovely bright welcoming place while exploring the city. My student daughter and friends joined me for coffee and we returned for brunch the next day. Very welcoming staff; love that they speak Welsh (and English!) and the food and coffee are good too. Also recommend a visit to the cultural museum and shop downstairs.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Took my 2 children (4 + 8) for some breakfast and I had an avacado crush breakfast - Omg!!
Was delicious and portion sizes are very generous!
Kids breakfast which was great with a drink £3.50! Will definitely be coming back!
It's a hidden gem and not that greatly advertised really, I've spread the word and can't wait for my next visit.

The only negative/Suggestions - Perhaps offer mats for the tables for the childrens plates?? Plastic table and plastic plates = Moving plates when you're trying to cut etc.