Lowest prices for your stay
US$147
Free cancellation until 09/12/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$147
Hotels.comUS$147
PricelineUS$147
ZenHotels.comUS$151
4,187 results
All reviews the executive lounge valet parking castle view afternoon tea opposite the castle junior suite welsh cakes city centre saturday night following morning breakfast was excellent lovely room car park greys concierge gym prosecco
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 October 2021 via mobile

Booked as a treat for our wedding anniversary and was a bit disappointed to be honest,on arrival the entrance to the lobby is quite scruffy and for want of a better word surrounded by undesirables in the evening,few seats in reception need seeing to (ripped and frayed) corridors really need updating and signage is awful,room was pretty basic for the price,mostly immaculately clean apart from the big stain on the floor (room 146) again needs updating,bed was comfy no extra blanket though,pillows not so much,terrible quality TV,no robe or slippers,very basic coffee facilities,no little treats or anything,not even any water in the mini fridge !!! Spa facilities are ok,not to go on but NEEDS UPDATING,no jacuzzi and we had to use bath towels to go back to our rooms because and I quote the robes are only for the executive customers !!! On the upside I can't fault the staff and the breakfast buffet was pretty good apart from the bacon which was leathery to say the least !!! Way overpriced considering you can get much better in neighbouring hotels for a lot cheaper.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Neil Sewell, General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2021

Dear Gemma,

Thank you for your review and taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay.

It is very disappointing to read your comments regarding your stay and I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. The refrigerator in the bedroom is for guest personal use but we are more than happy to replenish this for you upon request. Slipper, bathrobes, pillow types and extra blankest can also be requested before your arrival or during your stay and we will happily organise these for you. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your breakfast and staff service in our Restaurant.

I do hope that despite your feedback on this occasion you will consider visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed 11 October 2021 via mobile

Just checked out of this hotel. Sums it up really that that the staff member didn’t acknowledge me. Took my card key, head down, didn’t ask if I’d had a pleasant stay. I had to ask him if the bill was settled.
The hotel is filthy and tired. There is dirt on surfaces visible from the lift. It’s not as if management can’t see it. It is so obvious the hotel is a franchise. Absolutely no attention to detail and cleanliness.
Four days with a blocked sink which also had a revolting crack in it. It’s still blocked even though I told reception. Dirty windows in the room, goodness knows when they were last cleaned. Probably the last time it rained.
Don’t stay here. It’s dreadful.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for your review.

It is so very disappointing to read your feedback and I would like to say how very sorry I am for your experience on this occasion. I would like to reassure you that this is certainly not indicative of our normal high standards and service and I will share this with our team for their immediate attention and thank you for letting us know. Following the acquisition of the Hotel in July we will be undergoing a multimillion pound refurbishment in the coming months and into 2022, you’ll see a very different Hotel on your return and I trust on a future visit you’ll enjoy our new facilities.

Reviewed 9 October 2021 via mobile

Just returned from 2 nights at Hilton Cardiff. We had a thoroughly good time. Can’t fault one member of staff. They were friendly helpful and so courteous. Room was executive twin on 6th floor with castle view. Comfy beds, good shower, bath as well.
We found it very calm and quiet apart from the resurfacing of road on first night but nothing the hotel could have done.
We had access to executive lounge on 7th floor, with spectacular views. What a nice touch to have coffee, tea, wine, beer, soft drinks, canapés and biscuits. Felt really special.
Breakfast was very good selection and good quality ingredients.
Special mention to Dessy she is a credit to you.
My only slight negatives are a little bit tired and dirty in places, also cooked breakfast a little cool. I know we are coming out of a difficult time but it would just make a big difference.
I am so pleased we picked Hilton I feel you have the edge over many of the other hotels. Look forward to returning.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Companion,

A big thank you for your review.

It was great to read your fantastic comments regarding your stay, service and the facilities in our executive lounge. Following the acquisition of the Hotel in July we will be undergoing a multimillion pound refurbishment in the coming months and into 2022, you’ll see a very different Hotel on your return and I trust on a future visit you’ll enjoy our new facilities.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 6 October 2021

We stayed for 2 nights at the Hilton in Cardiff for my friend's birthday. The best thing in the place is the staff members. Lori was exceptional. We did not get the names of the other team members, however the gentleman behind the bar was welcoming and friendly, the Italian guy at reception Luca as well.
We do recommend the hotel!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for your review and recommendation!

I am so happy to read your comments regarding your stay for your friends Birthday and the exceptional staff service you received.

Please do come back again soon.

Reviewed 5 October 2021

We have just stayed for 3 nights in the Hilton and to be honest we were disappointed.
Our room overlooked the castle , so on the road side. Although the road was quite noisy, this didn’t disturb our sleep. The noise from the night club around the corner was worse as students could be heard during the night coming and going.
The room was very dark , lacked light and was rather worn /tired and in need of modernisation . The TV didn’t work.
The bathroom was very large and quite bright inside.
Breakfast was very good with a lot of choice but the chef was run off his feet and more staff were needed.
Reception was fine - but the receptionist struggled to see on her records that we had paid for our stay beforehand and this was a stressful booking in process.
Overall we were disappointed and don’t feel the hotel to be worth the money. We won’t be staying there again

Date of stay: October 2021
Neil Sewell, General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2021

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Please can I offer you my most sincere apologies for your feedback on this occasion and for any upset caused to you at the time. I do hope that our team were able to resolve the issue with the lighting and television in your room during your stay and I apologies once again for any inconvenience caused. It is great to read that you enjoyed the choice at breakfast.

I am delighted to inform you that following the acquisition of the Hotel in July we will be undergoing a multimillion pound refurbishment in the coming months and into 2022, you’ll see a very different Hotel on your return and I trust on a future visit you’ll enjoy our new facilities.