“Good day out......but”

St Fagans National Museum of History
Ranked #2 of 191 things to do in Cardiff
More attraction details
Owner description: A large, living open-air museum chronicling the last 500 years of Welsh history: fun, interactive exhibits make this a popular family destination.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Visited today with 2 teenagers, we thoroughly enjoyed the day, such a wealth of history and interesting sights.
The downside was:
1- the staff would have been better wearing traditional costume instead of black polo shirts and black trousers, it was quite alarming coming across some of them sat in corners of darkened rooms.
2- some of the staff obviously didn’t want to be there, they didn’t interact or give any interesting facts. Some even verged on being rude!
3- the prices..... seriously? I appreciate to is free to enter but £2.30 for a coke, £1.95 for a small bottle of water. We didn’t buy anything in the olde shop because everything was extortionately priced. The food in the restaurant on the other hand was delicious and reasonably priced.
Overall a good day but make sure you take your own drinks and snacks.

3  Thank Penny P
Write a ReviewReviews (6,260)
All reviews
in 64 reviews
"whole family"
in 89 reviews

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have been here several times but recently with my wife's cousins who came from Poland.

We all really enjoyed the day out, and it was great to show them a bit of history of Wales.

I would recommend taking food with you as it can be a bit pricy. Although there is a few places around to get a drink from.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

What a great place for young children. Today extra special with Easter Egg trail , drawing and prizes. Really great. Lots to do. It was very wet but we still managed to have a fun day and keep children amused for six hours

1  Thank GrahamP113
Reviewed 29 March 2018

My Mum and I raced around St Fagans in a couple of hours in November. We saw almost everything that was open, but we were exhausted! There's loads to see, and they're bringing more buildings in all the time.

We'll definitely be back to see what we missed, and hopefully have a more relaxed visit!

1  Thank Francesca H
See more reviews
Reviewed 29 March 2018

This is a large display ground where full size buildings which have been re-erected on the site to show us how our ancestors lived. The small terrace of shops took me back to my childhood. As did the Oakdale Miners Institute where I had spent many happy days and evenings when a boy. What a delightful way to spend a sunny day and allow at least two hours to stroll around this delightful site.