US$112
US$94
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
The Royal Hotel(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$74
HolidayInn.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$67/night.

Book now, pay at stay
US$164
US$148
Principal Hotels
  • Restaurant
Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$79
Radisson Blu
US$110
US$79
US$64
ibis
Sleeperz Hotel Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$48
US$46
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$55/night.

2,432 results
All reviewstrain stationcity centremillennium stadiumperfect locationsingle bedcar parknight lifeafternoon teamodern hotelbars and restaurantslight sleepercoffee machinebuffet stylefamily roomfew minutes walkstayed here for one nightsaturday night
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Clayton hotel after going to see Tosca at the Millennium Centre. The hotel was clean, the staff welcoming and helpful and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was good and value for money although I would have liked more than one choice of jam . On the down side the Bed was small considering it is meant to be a king size.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bernard W
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for a birthday treat from my partner & it was definitely one of the best places I've stayed in my life. The hotel was stunning, the staff were absolutely lovely and ever so friendly. The food was beautiful. The views from our floor were fabulous. Definitely worth the money!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EJF1995
ClaytonHotelCardiff, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2018

Hi EJF1995,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us. I have passed on your lovely feedback onto the team who were delighted to hear it.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel again soon

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Excellent all round. Stayed with some friends there for a night out in Cardiff. It’s ideally located for all the bars and nightlife. Rooms were comfortable too. Cheap rates considering how nice the hotel was.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends

Hi Someguy50,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful review, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel again soon

Reviewed 15 February 2018

My wife and I were in Cardiff for a wedding and unfortunately, this was the most unpleasant hotel experience we’ve had.

Prior to our arrival, I had emailed the hotel about having tickets mailed there since the ticket vendor was unable to ship outside of the UK. The hotel replied assuring me it would be no problem. Upon arrival however, the staff advised that no tickets had been received despite the fact that I had special delivery confirmation from Royal Mail that it had been delivered and signed for the week prior. The event was in less than 2 days in another city so I was shocked and extremely disappointed at the news.

The staff half-heartedly looked for the tickets and advised me on multiple occasions that there were no employees whose name matched the signature. They even advised me to go check with the restaurant adjacent to the hotel (which I did, unsuccessfully).

I spent the next 6 hours stuck at the hotel dealing with the ticket debacle, to no avail. I stood at the front desk using their phone (and being placed on hold repeatedly) for almost 4 hours with the ticket agency, the event provider, and Royal Mail.

The next morning, I was awoken by the front desk staff around 8 am advising that they had found the tickets. What was especially frustrating was that they now admitted that the signature was in fact the names of one of the front desk staff. By this time however, the event provider had marked the tickets as stolen / missing and they were no longer valid and could not be re-issued since they were sold through an agency. And the agency would not reimburse me since the tickets had been successfully delivered and confirmed by Royal Mail.

After meeting with two managers, the hotel agreed that I could purchase new tickets and they would reimburse me. They also offered to pack a complimentary takeaway breakfast the next morning for our early morning train ride (which they did not deliver on in the end).

Upon returning home, I checked my credit card bill and not only had I not been reimbursed for the tickets but the hotel had actually double-billed us for our stay (I had paid in full at the time of booking, but was then charged again in full after checking out). After repeated emails and phone calls to the hotel, both refunds have now been processed but it was an incredibly frustrating experience all around.

On the plus side, the hotel is very close to the train station which was helpful, and the room was alright (despite the fact that the TV was not working... we were offered a new room but it wasn't a big issue for us).

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Michael W
ClaytonHotelCardiff, Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Dear Michael W,

Thank you for taking the time to sharing your comments in relation to your stay with us in September 2017.

As discussed back in September yes we admit that there was errors on our part which we profoundly apologised for and agreed to reimburse you your tickets cost

After investigation we did in fact establish two things, firstly the employee who signed for the tickets only his sir name was noted with him also being a new employee into the business the team struggled at the time to locate as to who he was; but when this was established he advised that he had left the tickets thinking they were for one of our employee's who have exactly the same same as yourself Mr Michael W.

Both charge amendments (pre-authorisation) issues were rectified back in September 2017 just after your departure which we confirmed and discussed over the telephone.

As discussed in follow up emails and telephone from myself back in September 2017 I can only apologise again, we did the best we could at the hotel to turn a negative experience into a positive as best we could.

Once again thank you for sharing your experience.

Kind regards,

Carl Davies
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 14 February 2018

Came here for unexpected lunch, we were treated by a lovely friendly barman who couldn’t have been more helpful and attentive without being ott. The foo$ was fresh and yummy and the hot chocolate was amazing we definitely do lunch here again, very relaxing friendly feel

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends

Hi Lucymayrees,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, I was delighted to see that you had a lovely time during your lunch with us.
I have passed your kind comments onto the team who were delighted.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon