“Afternoon weddnig function”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had an after wedding function here in January 2018 when our friends got married.

I'd never been here before despite having a good experience a few years ago at their sister restaurant at the Hayes.

The wedding was quite an intimate affair so this place was the perfect place to have the function afterwards. Everything was well organised as we had ordered our food beforehand. All the food that we had was amazing. All so tasty and very generous portions.

We all got allocated a bar tab number so could just put a drink on the tab if we wanted. I paid by cash when I wanted something but there were plenty of staff going around if people didn't want to do this.

Special mention must go to the older lady working there. She was a member of the family who own the restaurant and just wanted everyone to enjoy. She was making us applaud the happy couple, went around taking photos and was just making sure everything was going to plan. A lovely, lovely afternoon and somewhere i will definitely visit off my own back in the future.

francescamalacrino, Guest Relations Manager at Giovanni's in Park Place, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you Mr Barry E for wonderful revue and 5* so apriciated by all Team G at Giovannis in Park Palace It was lovely to meet you all and Bride and Groom fabulous it was my pleasure and very much enjoyed taking photos we look forward to seeing you again soon kinde regards Francesca

Reviewed 18 March 2018

We've eaten here several times. The food is always very good. Sometimes the service is a little slow, which is a worry if you're going to the theatre. Otherwise, a great place to eat.

Thank you PrincessAlpal 4* and lovely revue apriciated by all Team G we look forward to seeing you again soon kind regards Francesca

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We usually have a meal here before visiting the theatre over the road. The food, as always, was fine with pleasant, efficient service.

Thank you Delwyn B 4* and lovely revue apriciated by all Team G web look forward to seeing you again soon kind regards Francesca

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Great food as always. The best of Italian cuisine. Always a favorite. Filletto with pate and rossini sauce

Thank you T1CHT2014 5*'and lovely revue from all Team G kind regards Francesca

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Visited 10th March for an evening meal, food was only ok nothing special. But my biggest problem was staff forgetting parts of our order, we asked for bread and olives as nibbles before starters and some water for the table. Olives in total was asked for 5 times eventually came after our starters, bread and water 4 times. Then we asked for the wine list, came at the 1st time of asking I thought it’s picking up but then ordered wine and asked a further 3 times where was our wine. Staff were friendly but I just think not enough working as there were several big parties in.

I wear hearing aids so have problems in very noisy environments and as having been here before I asked for a quiet table which are probably by the windows. But they put myself and my wife right in the middle of the restaurant between 2 big parties celebrating birthday’s which again having booked our table 2 weeks prior was a big let down.