“Great place to stay”

Holiday Inn Express Newport
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed 12 August 2017

Love staying in this hotel. Great value for money. Rooms are clean, beds are very comfy. The staff are always attentive & helpful. We have been staying here for several years now & always have a good experience. This trip is no exception. Again a great visit. Breakfast is included in the room price & there is plenty of choice. This hotel is a hidden gem. Love coming here.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 12 August 2017

Dear Debra,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at The Holiday Inn Express Newport, It is a pleasure to read that you love to stay with us as the rooms are clean, the beds are comfy and that the staff were attentive and helpful. We are delighted to have you with us and look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Our room was ok but I'd asked for a lower floor room and quiet location. We were on the top floor and very close to the lift well, so much door banging and kids raised voices.....ugh! Our bed was comfy but the pillows very hard and bouncy. The choice at breakfast was poor, scrambled eggs had run out, no fried eggs, no tomatoes, and the few bananas were rotten!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Philippa J, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear Pippa,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We always strive to do our best to ensure we are able to cater for our guests requests and it is disappointing to read that we were unable to do this for your stay with us.

I can only apologise that you did not have a great stay with us from the noise from other guests to the choices at breakfast; our breakfast offering only offers a choice of continental with 4 hot items to enhance the breakfast experience – Cumberland Sausage, Bacon, Beans & Scrambled Egg. We are always encouraging feedback from our guests about their stay and our services so that we can then use this when looking for ways to make improvements to what we have on offer.

Our hotel is manned 24 hours a day, should you experience any noise issues with your room when you stay with us in the future please contact us and we will do everything we can to move you to a quieter location of the hotel.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

Kind regards

Philippa Jones
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Had travelled down to Wales after a night in Edinburgh. I had experienced a very pleasant stay in the Holiday Inn Express in Edinburgh, so I decided to stick with the Holiday Inn Express group.
I used booking.com for making the arrangements. I selected my dates, and accepted the very good deal. It was non-refundable which made it slightly cheaper. My sat-nav wouldn't accept the address so I headed for Newport. I stopped about 30 minutes out of Newport to confirm the address, when I noticed that I was expected at the hotel in 3 weeks time, instead of that night. I rang booking.com, who contacted the hotel on my behalf. The hotel kindly agreed to refund my payment, and even offered to cancel the booking altogether if I so chose. Considered it was a non-refundable booking, I thought that was very generous of them. I did proceed with the booking, with the dates of my stay now adjusted.
The hotel is easy to find, plenty of free parking, and very nicely presented. The rooms are a nice size, immaculately clean, and very quiet. There is a good sized TV, air-conditioning, ironing stuff, hanging space, kettle and coffee/tea and the beds can be reversed depending on whether you like a hard or soft mattress.
The bathroom was a good size and, again, immaculately presented, with plenty of towels and soap.
The included breakfast had a good selection of cereals, juices, toasts, muffins, croissants, fresh fruit, yoghurt, coffee, tea and the hot section of bacon, sausage, beans and scrambled eggs. There were also morning newspapers to read and take.
The staff were exceptionally polite and all very nice.
Overall, another great experience for me.
I would definitely recommend Holiday Inn Express in Newport to anyone looking to stay in this area.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I can see that you had a great stay with us and it certainly fills me with pride that my team were able to deliver such a great experience for you during your time of need!

It is great to read that you found the room, bathroom, breakfast offering and the morning newspapers on offer great and that they added to your experience with us!

I hope you have a safe journey back home and when you return you come back and stay with us again for another great stay!

Many Thanks

Philippa
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Amazing customer service and lovely facilities. Staff go above and beyond to help and nothing is too much for them. Breakfast is lovely with a fantastic widespread choice of hot and cold. The hot buffet is very good quality and well cooked. Highly recommend

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Kate F, Guest Service Assistant at Holiday Inn Express Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us with your kind feedback regarding your recent stay with us at The Holiday Inn Express Newport. We are delighted to read that you received amazing customer service and enjoyed the facilities we have to offer. It is also lovely to read that you enjoyed the included breakfast and that the staff went above and beyond to make sure you had everything you needed. I will be sure to pass on your wonderful comments to my team and we hope to welcome you back with us again in the neat future.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

This was an excellent experience, we arrived a bit later than planned with two tired children, and were checked in swiftly by the very helpful staff. We were only there for the night but it was very clean, very quiet and comfortable! Great breakfast in the morning too.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 31 July 2017

Dear Jo,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us with your feedback regarding your stay with us at The Holiday Inn Express Newport, it is a pleasure to read that you had an excellent experience with us, the staff were helpful and that you had a clean, comfortable, quiet nights stay. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to my team.