“Good visit”

Las Iguanas - Newport
Ranked #30 of 478 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$8 - US$33
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Have not been since opening and pleased to say it has improved. Staff were really friendly and knowledgeable about all the food. The food was great and early evening menu was very reasonable. I think the main menu is a bit overpriced so will stick to the menu. Overall a good experience

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Bittersweet this one....

The good bits:-

• Jordan, our waiter, was superb. Polite, great rapport with our group and very attentive

• food was excellent. Tasty, hot and came to our table, well, at the right time. Kids enjoyed theirs too and they're quite fussy

The not so good:-

• we were told that kids eat free if we ordered off the 'menu menu' instead of the lunch menu which was cheaper. They key part here is 'main menu', not specifically the à la carte section of the 'main menu' which should have been clearer. I mean a lot clearer.

We ordered the five tapas choices for £25.95 (or close to that). Well, that's not included as part of the 'main menu' and not made clear until the bill arrived. Sadly, the website is much clearer by referencing 'main meals' off the main menu. The staff member who welcomed us didn't give this special emphasis which is important - don't you think?

As such, due to not accounting the additional cost, Jordan didn't get a tip he so richly deserved.

It's left a sour taste which is in contrast to the rather tasty food.

Reviewed 29 July 2018

Seven of us went for a meal on stag night out, not a rowdy evening just a nice meal.
It was very busy in there when we arrived but were shown straight to out table. I had goat curry which had a nice kick to it and it tasted really nice, i followed that with a creamy coconut pudding with berries which was a great dessert, the guy serving us was rushed off his feet,and i ordered another beer which i had to re order as it never arrived, my mate never received his bottle he ordered, nice evening but the price of a small bottle of beer was as much as i have ever paid anywhere if not more, fully understand there is a mark up on drinks but £9 for 2 small bottles of beer is way out there, enjoyed our night out and would return.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

Las Iguanas opening in my home town was great to hear. I visit here about 5 times a week and Nyla, Abdool and all of the staff are truly world class....

I park up with my laptop, eat as many wings as I can take and drink some really nice booze

Ive got to say that a few of the dishes need improvement... the Gambas has declined seriously over the years but the Vivo wings are to DIE FOR!!!! absolutely amazing

My regular haunt and long may it continue :)

Highly recommended

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely visit here today with family. The cocktails were lovely and the food was very nice. Fantastic friendly service from Jordan made our afternoon even better!