“Chilled Lunch”
Review of Drago Lounge

Drago Lounge
Ranked #22 of 483 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Description: Drago Lounge is an informal neighbourhood café/bar, open all day every day, where families, friends, and local residents can come for a coffee, or a drink or something to eat in a relaxed and comfortable environment.
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Visited for lunch with my daughter have been a few times and will return! Great menu for vegetarian and Vegan and gluten free options. I had the super green salad and my daughter had the rice bowl lots of flavour and nice size portions. Also like the soft drink selection.

DragoLounge, Manager at Drago Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Hi Sharon! Thanks for this lovely review :) we're super proud of our Vegan and GF options available so i'm glad you found something suitable!

Hopefully see you again soon
Cerys - Assistant Manager

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Weekend break in Newport, Gwent and we found the Drago Lounge. The staff, the quality of drinks and food were absolutely outstanding all within a very quirky ambience. Visited twice in two days and our views were fully reinforced!!! Craig, the manager, is a highly motivated people person and has an excellent staff alongside him. Special mention must go to Ruth, Abbie and Lucas for making us feel so welcome and special. The food, on both visits, was perfectly cooked and well presented. WE WILL RETURN!!! Gordon, Diane and Barney Booo

DragoLounge, Manager at Drago Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Hiya Gordon! Thank you for this amazing review and also for your lovely card that we received today :) I'm glad you had such a lovely time this weekend, it was a pleasure having you and your family dine with us. I will pass your kind words onto the team as well as your compliments to the chefs!

See you soon! :)

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend came here on Saturday 4th of August as soon as the restaurant opened first thing. The decor is quirky and relaxing, and the staff are really friendly. I had the lounge breakfast which was delicious, however it did seem to go cold very quick. Prices are reasonable too. I would recommend this restaurant and return again.

DragoLounge, Manager at Drago Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Hello Taylor,

thanks for the review. the Lounge breakfast is great and if you fancied something different next time can I recommend the Lounge Eggs. Looking forward to seeing you Soon

Craig

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Well this is one place that is NEVER going to get on there. Came on a Wednesday evening expecting it to be fairly quiet. Crazy busy both inside and out. Grabbed a comfy seat by luck. Food order taken quickly at the bar. Love that I can put my card behind the bar, makes my bank account look not so bad. Food came, superb as usual! Kitchen staff you do a damn good job! Front of house was busy mad but Sarah still managed a quick chat while clearing up. Craig, the three of you were stupidly calm for such a busy service. Hats off to all of you. Been coming since day three of you opening, (on holiday) and will continue for many years to come, well as long as my Darkside is there for me!

DragoLounge, Manager at Drago Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Hi there!
Your review subject then for a second scared me! I'm so happy that you had such a lovely time here on Wednesday evening :)
Our regulars feedback mean a lot to us so thank you for taking the time to leave such an amazing review!
I will pass your kind words onto the Kitchen Staff, as well as Craig and Sarah :)

See you soon!
Cerys - Assistant manager

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Lovely evening out with my daughter, very nice place to visit and the staff were very helpful on recommending dishes, couldn’t do enough to help you.

DragoLounge, Manager at Drago Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2018

Hi Debbie!
I'm so happy to hear you had a lovely evening with your daughter :)
Hope to see you again soon
Cerys - Assistant manager