“confused,lack of communication between girls and kitchen”
Review of Porterhouse

Porterhouse
Ranked #194 of 1,116 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Lisburn Road
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Starters asked for without dips,came with dips.Steaks came with sides all over the place.all 3 fillets poor both in quality and chefs interpretation of requirements.shame as my daughter lives in belfast and had raved about this place.She was sadly embarrassed.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

There were approx 15 in our company we had a room upstairs 3 waiting staff who were very efficient & attentive. Food was fantastic, I got the ribs for starters which was more like a main course this was served with Creamy Colslaw then Pork Chops for my main course they were so succulent & again a big portion I even took one home! If you want value for your money I would highly recommend others who had the steak were NOT disappointed either. We were a happy crowd all round.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

We stayed in Belfast two nights and had such a great meal our fist night,we decided to dine there a second night. We had a party of 10 and they accommodated us both nights. The steaks were excellent with a good wine selection and don't forget the deserts!

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Visited the Porterhouse last night for a celebratory meal with my fiancé, both looking forward to a really good steak like we have had at the Porterhouse many many times. However upon asking the waitress to point out the gluten free options or dishes that could be adapted we were informed that there were NO gluten free options available on the menu at all...in a steak restaurant. We have eaten in the Porterhouse often and I would have said it was one of the best restaurants on the Lisburn Road until last night. The waitress went back to the kitchen and confirmed that I could have a steak with boiled potatoes and no sauce, and none of the starters could be adapted. (Not at all the fault of the waitress who was only relaying what she got from the kitchen) Needless to say we left. For a restaurant to happily let regular customers walk out the door rather than try to accommodate them is very worrying not to mention it's the law that gluten free options or adaptions must be provided and I think what we got here was a worrying lack of understanding of basic food intolerances combined with a kitchen that simply could not be bothered to try this particular evening. As I mentioned before we eat here regularly and have never had an issue with the menu. I have never had to leave a restaurant in my life and I can say it is pretty damn embarrassing to be made to feel like a second class citizen because of my allergy. We walked out the door and down to Shu, who although fully booked upon hearing what had happened managed to squeeze us in and in the end we had a fantastic meal (starters and all!) I'm sorry to say that we will never eat at the Porterhouse again because of what we experienced, I would strongly avoid if you have any food allergy. Incredibly disappointed and angry.

1  Thank GlowGlutenFree
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Visited with my 3 sisters . Had a good laugh with staff . Joanna is just lovely . We had steak which was amazing. Garlic mushrooms and the soup were also lovely. Such a lovely atmosphere . It's a must to try this lovely place . Thank you joanna and your future daddy in law