“Horrible, just Horrible”
Review of Titanic Apartments

Titanic Apartments
Reviewed 24 August 2017

I am one not to write reviews to places when I didn't enjoy my time there unless it was THAT bad; well ladies and gentleman it WAS that bad. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy.

We were staying here our FIRST night of a Paddy Wagon Tour, and let me tell you, my stomach churned when I thought all the places would be like this: thank goodness they weren't. Our friends on the tour, actually complained so much, they got a different hotel room.

MOLD: There was mold everywhere, luckily, in our room, it wasn't overwhelming, that we sucked it up and stayed, knowing it was 5.5hrs in the room. The bathroom was filled with mold, and could not be blamed for the damp Irish conditions.

Headboards/bed frames: Were off the walls, broken, not in place. The bed frames had mysterious marks all over them: which my sister who has stayed in hostels convinced me were from peoples' luggage. (she later said she just said that)

Staff: A girl let us in, our room had a broken doorknob/lock: she told us "Sorry, I don't have tools, just hold the knob in place and turn very slowly not to brake it more." REALLY? You are putting people in rooms with broken locks?!

The ONLY reason we stayed there, is because we had already paid for accommodations with our tour group, and we couldn't afford to pay for ANOTHER hotel, when we had already paid for this one.

HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank connollypatricia90

Reviewed 28 July 2017

We stayed here as two couples and it was perfect. The rooms were comforatble and there were 2 bathrooms together with a nice kitchen and lounge area.
Check in was simple, We called the owner while we were on our way and had to wait about 5 minutes for him to get there. We had a hired car, and underground parking was convenient. The room was quite neat and fairly modern with a little balcony[ which we seldom use as it was cold - am really delayed with my reviews ....].
Would highly receommend to stay here. It is a ten min walk to the city, so we used a taxi/Uber to go out at night. It is right nest door to the Titanic Belfast Museum and was not too difficult to get to the main road/highway when we decided to drive out for day trips. Heating was great, the room had a big fridge if you wanted to stock up on grocery items for your stay. The owner did have reliable WiFi.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2017

An invitation to celebrate my birthday @ James Street South, Belfast required a fast booking of some accommodation for four. It needed to be handy for the city but unfussy and with free and handy parking.
Within a short stroll of the Titanic Centre and a longer stroll into town it seemed just fine....and it was.
Meeting the 'agent' for the key, was a bit tiresome because it was a case of sitting in the car and hoping we were in the right place...however it did work eventually.
Rooms and furnishings are fine but the wardrobe needs hangers and washing up liquid would be handy, you really need more than dishwasher tablets. A French press for coffee would be a great addition, as would a full length mirror.
It's a got a great view and it's quiet as well.

Room Tip: Just make sure it's got a view of the Lagan
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank George H
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Fabulous apartment ideally situated in the Titanic Quarter. Approximately 10 minutes walk to the centre. Fully equipped kitchen including dishwasher and tablets, all the comforts of home. Everything you need during your stay. Fresh and clean too. Met by our key holder, Trevor, on arrival. Very pleasant and informative. Had a fabulous time and would definitely return. 10-24 Titanic view apartments. Belfast.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Myself and three friends booked these apartments for one night, to go out around Belfast for my birthday.
We booked the ''titanic apartments'' and thought we were getting a good deal... oh how we were wrong.
Firstly, finding the apartments; we were expecting a big apartment block, we were looking around for about 20 minutes thinking it couldn't possibly be this building.. it was. The place was covered in graffiti and was very run down looking. The only indication this was the apartments was a '66' on a battered looking door and a poly pocket with a piece of paper printed saying 'titanic apartments'.
Reluctantly we went to reception, which wasn't much better. This was a hostel block and also really run down looking. The girl at reception gave us the keys and we payed her 100 pound for the night. She took us over to the room and let us in threw a back alley gate also covered in graffiti. We were horrified and very annoyed.
We thought we were booking the proper titanic apartments and were looking forward to it from February and were so disappointed.
The apartments resembled what I can only describe as student flats. Very dirty walls and holes in the doors the banister laid hanging off the wall.
Cracks covered the ceilings and the fridge stunk. The balcony door wouldn't open at all and the sofas were really run down looking.
When we couldn't get the tv on I walked over to reception to ask could she fix it. Very rudely asked 'What TV you do realise theres three' and then laughed at me and asked me did I have it plugged in? She came over fixed it and left again.
Later on, we tried to get a mug out of the cupboard... it was stuck with grime to the inside of the cupboard.
Trying to use the sink in the bathroom... it didn't work.
The only good thing about these apartments is the en-suites and the beds were clean and comfortable.

Really disappointed with these apartments as we've stayed in Belfast before for the same price and the other apartments where 5* compared to these. Would never stay here again, and recommend others not to either as for the same price you can get far better quality.

Stayed: May 2017