1,325 results
All reviews la scala bistro sunday buffet parliament building hastings group hastings hotels porridge rubber duck the general manager city centre lovely hotel executive room business trip restaurant staff afternoon tea scones northern ireland from start to finish
Reviewed 16 October 2018

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for one night this past weekend and we cannot praise the staff and the hotel highly enough .We had such a fantastic time .
The staff are truly amazing. From check-in to check-out and everything in between was wonderful. Zoe on Reception greeted us with a lovely genuine smile and welcomed us to the hotel .
Our room wasn't quite ready but we didn't mind in the least as we had arrived a wee bit early ...we settled ourselves on a lovely comfy sofa and had a drink / coffee and just enjoyed the relaxing ambience of our surroundings.
Our room was lovely ,it also had a huge walk-in shower ( I was delighted with this as I have an arthritic hip and often an " over the bath shower " can be very challenging for me ). Our view was looking out over to the imposing gates of Stormont Estate which we were also very happy with ...lovely to see locals and tourists alike enjoying the sunshine and the grounds .
Having stayed on occasions at an other Hastings hotel we knew we would once more be sleeping on an amazing Hastings Cloud Bed ....oh my word ....it IS like sleeping on a cloud. The experience is of pure comfort and luxury and makes for a wonderful nights sleep . You have to experience it !
We had booked for dinner in La Scala Restaurant and the food was fabulous.Both our starters were delicious ,my husband loved his Salt & Chilli Squid and my Irish Scampi was succulent and very morish . For mains I opted for the Hannan’s 7oz Steak Sandwich and my husband chose Duo of County Down Pork . Both were mouthwateringly delicious . Our compliments to the chef as everything was cooked to perfection and our taste buds were taken on a culinary journey of delight.
I have to mention Anthony a truly charming and a genuinely lovely gentlemen who looked after us so very well in La Scala . He is such an asset to the the hotel and the Hastings group . Nothing is too much trouble for him , his pleasant manner along with his professionalism , courtesy , knowledge and attention to detail is to be commended. When you experience really good food AND exceptional service it makes for a wonderful dining experience .
Breakfast next morning was one of the very best breakfasts that we have ever had over the years throughout our stays in many hotels both here at home and abroad. There is such an array of good quality locally sourced produce which is so tasty and so very well prepared. There is something to suit all tastes and the pickiest of eaters would be really hard pressed to find something not to their liking !
We have to commend Ashley . He greeted us at breakfast and he is one of the nicest people you could hope to meet . He looked after us exceptionally well ( attentive without being intrusive, that's a difficult balance and he nailed it )...he also took care of the needs of a large tour party with a few elderly people who required a little extra help and assistance . Well done Ashley

We are " locals" ,living just a few miles away from the hotel and to experience such a high level of service from every member of staff we encountered was lovely.Their genuine devotion to customer service and making sure everyone has a great guest experience is very evident.
All were courteous , professional , friendly and so approachable . We witnessed first-hand how the staff are such terrific ambassadors for the hotel AND Northern Ireland . It made us very proud to have this exceptional hotel and its staff on " our doorstep ".
My husband works really long hours and we infrequently get to spend quality time on our own so it was lovely to book into The Stormont Hotel and relax and unwind. We are definitely going to make The Stormont Hotel our hotel of choice from now on .
Thank you to everyone , from front of house to housekeeping and behind the scenes ....we had a fantastic time thanks to you all.
I am already planning our next visit. See you all soon .
Carol & Jim

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ScottWeatherup, Manager at Stormont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Dear The_Magills,

Thank you so much for the amaxing review of the Stormont Hotel,

I am delighted to read you found our staff amazing, bedrooms comfortable and food great.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Just got lunch in the hotel after friends recommended the Sunday Buffett. It was absolutely delicious! Started with The cream of vegetable soup and added my own crispy bacon and croutons. The soup was hot fresh and packed with flavour. There was a variety of fresh bread still warm from the oven!

I then waddled back up for my main.. the selection of cooked meats were cut fresh in front of you, lamb beef chicken and Turkey. The beef and lamb were cooked to perfection. The full spread of roasties, champ, seasoned roast veg and cheesy broccoli. The gravy was good enough to drink.

Being the greedy gorb that I am, i had to have desert and going by the starter and main, I knew it would be good. There was a chocolate fountain, strawberries, marsh mallows, about 15 different cheesecakes, apricot crumble, gluton free pavilova.

The waiting staff were excellent; attentive, polite and friendly. The general manager "Andy" came over to say hello and welcomed us to the hotel. Will be back for sure and highly recommend to anyone looking for a good Sunday lunch. 10/10!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JonathanF2421
ScottWeatherup, Manager at Stormont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Dear Jonathan,

Thank you for the wonderful review of our Grand Sunday Buffet at the Stormont Hotel,

I am delighted to read you found the food delicious and staff team excellent.

Reviewed 14 October 2018

Stayed on a package, dinner, B&B and a show. Great food, willing and courteous service, under pressure at times but noted that supervisors/managers willingly lent a hand.A little way out, but a bit cheaper than it's sisters in the City Centre.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear John C,

Many thanks for your review from your recent stay at the Stormont Hotel,

I am delighted to read you found our food good and staff courteous,

Reviewed 14 October 2018

Our experience at the Stormont was exceptional, to say the least. The service and attention by the hotel staff made us feel like part of the family. Outstanding meals at La Scala & the Sunday Buffet, Compliments to the Chef!
Rooms were newly remodeled, spacious & Super Comfortable Cloud beds
We highly recommend the Stormont Hotel

• Trip type: Travelled with family
ScottWeatherup, Manager at Stormont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2018

Dear IngridNTS,

Thank you so much for the lovely review of your experience at the Stormont Hotel,

I am delighted to read you found our meals and outstanding and staff service fantastic.

Reviewed 13 October 2018

We loved Northern Ireland - the Stormont is one of the reasons , the hotel location is awesome - located by the incredible Stormont Parliament building , which has a beautiful park surrounding it. The Stormont rooms were perfect newly remodeled with a UK type feel and charm ( and roomy ) , the breakfast served in continental buffet style - was fantastic ( my wife even has Jamieson Whiskey on her porridge - very European I guess ) With all the places we toured in the UK without a doubt the 2 best meals we had were La Scala restaurant in the Stormont , it was like eating in one of the finest restaurants in Los Angeles ( maybe I didn't understand the exchange , but extremely reasonably priced for the meal we got ) , and we were also lucky enough to be at the Stormont on sunday for their famed brunch - Don't Miss the Brunch if you are there on Sunday - WE LOVED IT !

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear FarAway286993,

Thank you so much for the lovely review of our your stay at the Stormont Hotel,

I am delighted to read you found our breakfast fantastic and loved our Sunday Buffet.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Belfast.