All reviews city centre luxury room ipod docking station street parking queens university university street botanical gardens walk in shower huge bed lovely hotel full irish botanic avenue ulster museum lovely bathroom night porter reception staff comfortable bed
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We spent two nights at Dukes. I think this is more a three star hotel, rather than 4 ⭐️. On entering the hotel, the reception area was rather dull. The room was nice and quiet. The bed was very big and comfortable. Everything was clean, but the carpets and woodwork are shabby. There are chandeliers everywhere but a lot of the droplets are missing which actually takes away from the grandeur of chandeliers. The lighting in the bedroom was awful, could not read a book, and the WIFI is not good in the bedroom. The food was lovely and very plentiful. The staff were helpful and friendly.

Stayed: October 2018
manager_125, Front Office Manager at Dukes at Queens, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear MauraEastBourne,

We take the time to read and acknowledge all our guests’ feedback and make sure that we are doing our best to improve service in every area. TripAdvisor gives our guests an opportunity to let us know about their experiences both good and bad and we welcome all reviews including your own.

Dukes at Queens however is a three star hotel. Please allow me to act upon this feedback and thank you for noting the maintenance issues you encountered. If you would like to discuss your own experience with me personally I would be happy to contact you. My email is jacqueline@dukesatqueens.com should you wish to provide me with further details.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The stay was fine enough with a comfortable bed and standard breakfast. It wasn’t until check out time that we saw their true colors. We were mistaken about check-out time and apologized when we received the call from reception. We quickly got ourselves ready and packed. My boyfriend went downstairs to check out and apologize and tell them that I would be down shortly. The receptionist insisted that they needed the room now and could charge us for an extra hour. My boyfriend came upstairs to fetch me nd reception proceeded to call us- 3 times in the matter of 5 minutes! I’d rather they had charged us for late check out then be so rude! Never staying again. Telling all of my friends as well!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Perki2018,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay while you were with us and you enjoyed your breakfast. All of our meals are freshly prepared each day and are locally sourced. I am glad you left Dukes Bistro feeling full and satisfied! Our chefs are always delighted to hear great reviews regarding their food.

Our check out time is 11.00 am and unfortunately you did not arrange a late check out with our reception team which needs to be arranged in advance. After 11.15am a call was made to your room to advise you of the check out time, and with no response a further call was made. Your boyfriend came to reception to check out (at approximately 12 noon) but after another half hour you still had not departed the room which was why we offered a later checkout up to 1.00pm which comes with an additional charge.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

After dinner , wanted a few drinks and found my way here alone. It is a bubbling place staff are very unassuming. Drinks ok with good ambiance. Security seems okay, neat with sports on the Tv to watch.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo

Dear Ada V

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay while you were with us and you enjoyed our bubbling hotel. I hope you have an opportunity to return again in the future and if there is anything I can help with in assisting your next booking please do not hesitate to contact me directly at jacqueline@dukesatqueens.com.

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Great stay here in Belfast. Good location and plenty of restaurants to eat at. Hotel bar and restaurant is great! Nice big rooms and big shower. Very nice place and a nice break from all the cramped B&B we had been staying in.

Dear Delong187,

I am really pleased you enjoyed your break with us and found the location central for shopping and sightseeing. It is great to see you had an opportunity to visit some of what Belfast has to offer and it was a change of scenery from the B&B's you had been staying in! I hope you have an opportunity to return again in the future and if there is anything I can help with in assisting your next booking please do not hesitate to contact me directly at jacqueline@dukesatqueens.com.

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Just spent a few days in Belfast, staying at this hotel. Beautiful place, sparkling clean, large room, very professional and friendly team at reception and in bar/restaurant. Very good location, easy walk to centre of town. Highly, highly recommend this awesome place!

Dear JimCromb,

I am really pleased you enjoyed your break with us and found the location central for shopping and sightseeing. It is great to see you had an opportunity to visit some of what Belfast has to offer! I hope you have an opportunity to return again in the future and if there is anything I can help with in assisting your next booking please do not hesitate to contact me directly at jacqueline@dukesatqueens.com.