“Sunday lunch disaster ”
Review of Kitchen Bar

Kitchen Bar
Ranked #68 of 90 Nightlife in Belfast
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Been here a few times for the rugby and decided we’d have a nice Sunday lunch around 3:30. Bar was busy for the football but we were happy to get a table straight away. The table was a little cramped so I shuffled it to one side to give a little but more space only to find the surface to be sticky. Never mind the singer was creating a good atmosphere but who booked her to play while the match was on? Menus received and drinks ordered and server forgot to tell us the specials, never mind, I asked and was politely told. And when the drinks arrived we both ordered the chicken roast. 20minutes later and still no food. As the table beside we’re sat we decided, Let order a mojito! 10 minutes later the table beside us have been served there food and drinks and no sign of r roast chicken or the mojito. We left and stopped at the bar only to tell the manager how terrible the experience was. We won’t be back.

1  Thank Mark Y

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

Myself & my mum went here on 4th jan 2018 just last week, it was my birthday & mum had asked me where I’d like to go, we got in & ordered our meals, still sitting 39mins later we had not got our meals, people where coming in just after us & by that half hour they were getting their meals , after a further 10 mins I asked the girl who served us when was our food ready she said I’ll go check,, she went to till spoke to another girl, she came back & asked us what we had ordered, a further 15mins she brought our meals NO APOLOGIES,I looked at my meal & was disgusted the garlic fries I ordered where just a bowl full off crispy dead ends Of potatoes u get at the bottom of ur chip pan, we were in a rush as I had an app, my mums were the same & the goujons were hard, NOT ONE person came to ask us how our meal was ,meanwhile the people that came in after us where now leaving as they had finished. We got up to leave my mum went to till to pay still girl didn’t ask how our meal was, I therefore spoke to a guy about the meals he said show me so told him up to show him & all he said was I’m sorry, knowing that we hadn’t touched our meals,as I walked towards my mum she had already paid & the fella walked into the back to kitchen & not I word was said about my complaint, I will never be back in that place the food was awful waiting time awful as they had forgot about us & just threw our meals together & as for the staff they were hopeless & not pleasant at all. I would definitely not recommend this place to anyone.

1  Thank charmainebennett
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Live music, Friday night. Good music, shame that the kitchen closed before 7.30pm, the football forced us to move nearer to the music, which then stopped at 8pm and shame about the smell of disinfectant as they cleaned the floor after the restaurant clised.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Ideal location to stop for food after a day shopping. The restaurant was very busy and our meal felt quite rushed. The food served is typical pub grub with generous portions. I enjoyed my meal however the atmosphere was not great.

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Has a very Nasty server. We were next door at a pub and decided to go here for dinner. There were 11 of us. Half the party went in first while the rest finished our pints. When we went to join our group we walked in and proceeded to where our group was seated and were stopped and yelled at by the nasty dark haired server. She said we had to go back to the sign that stated wait to be seated which we didn't see and was so rude about it. We said sorry and were trying to join the rest of our party. There were plenty of empty tables so not sure what her problem was. We ended up leaving and having dinner and drinks elsewhere.

1  Thank tamararules