“Bobby Walsh knows Belfast’s History! ”
Review of cabtoursNI

cabtoursNI
Ranked #3 of 120 Tours in Belfast
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Belfast black taxi tours,Our informative guides are all taxi drivers who worked the streets throughout the troubles serving both communities.The only Company featured in Vience Vaughn's film The Art of Conflict.Their tours have been broadcasted internationaly. Tours visit Shankill and Falls roads with opportunities to photograph the murals. They also provide tours catered to suit your individual requirements Antrim Coast, Causeway Let us make it the highlight of your visit to Belfast. CabtoursNI Have Tripadvisor Award of Excellence 2012,2011,2010. Experienced and informative tour guides who worked the city center as taxi drivers during the trouble's serving both communities will take you on a unique historical and cultural experience through the streets of Belfast. On a tour you will visit the Falls Road and Shankill Road where you will learn of the history of conflict between the two communities and witness the Peaceline wall which divides the two. Our enthusiastic and knowledgeable guides will explain the many murals which are to be seen on the tours as well as many sites which have played important roles in the political history of Belfast. Our guides are happy to cater the tour to your specification and will answer any question you may have for them. Our tours have been visited by many people from all over the world including those from the media such as Anthony Bourdain, Vince Vaughn and George Negus. As well as political tours of Belfast we also provide tours to sightseeing spots in Northern Ireland such as the Giants Causeway and the beautiful Antrim Coastline.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My sister and I were in Belfast, from the US, visiting relatives last week. We took a “black cab tour.” It was my second BCT (I did one ten years ago) and my sister’s first. The concierge at the hotel recommended blackcabtoursni. Bobby Walsh was our guide/driver. Bobby has a wealth of knowledge about Irish history in general and The Troubles specifically.

Bobby provided amazing details and tidbits. He also is irreverent and has a great sense of humor! In addition, Bobby went out of his way to drive by our deceased relatives’ home in Belfast.

Finally, he’s a very safe and experienced driver!

Run, don’t walk, to get a tour of Belfast from Bobby!

1  Thank deirdre d
"visiting belfast"
in 27 reviews
"his life"
in 8 reviews
"answered all our questions"
in 11 reviews
"peace line"
in 9 reviews
"his knowledge"
in 18 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 15 reviews
"cab driver"
in 8 reviews
"first hand"
in 14 reviews
"sense of humour"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We booked a Game of Thrones tour through this company. I was initially skeptical of doing a film tour since I thought it would be cliché and really commercialized. I was luckily proven wrong by the trip and our tour guide, Tom McNally. Tom was a pleasure to talk to and really knowledgeable not just about the sights but about the history of Ireland as well. He was one of the most genuine tour guides I've met and would recommend him to anyone planning such a trip.

I personally think the black cab tour around the country side is worth it as you're able to comfortably enjoy the sights, get to have a personal tour guide and most of all get to see sights you wouldn't be able to see with a bus. For example, we got to see Ballingtoy Harbor, the location where some of Iron Isles shots were filmed. It's a really small and cozy harbor with a single kitchen that serves home style Irish food. There's no souvenir shops around, no burger kings...just a small harbor with a beautiful view of the Irish coastline and a hot plate of champ (pictured) to warm you up.

In summary, I'd highly recommend the Game of Thrones tour with this company (and definitely ask for Tom McNally as your tour guide!)

2  Thank Jack B
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Took a tour with Jerry Loughlin, he was an incredible host. Very generous with his time, a wealth of information and a great storyteller.

Having limited knowledge on the history of Northern Ireland, Jerry took us through all the details and areas.

We left feeling leaving a lot more knowledgable and moved by the history.

We would highly recommend Jerry for any black cab tours!

Great value for money and a must do!

Wish we could've taken him for a drink and continued to hear more of about his experiences from the past...

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Loved the history from Tom, as he saw it and lived it. He was well spoken and answered all my questions!